01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Cube Camera Setup Help Needed

Pussycat

Hi there
I am new to this Forum so really hope someone can help me!
I have a Hikvision NVR and 3 CCTV cameras already installed directly into it via Ethernet cables.
I have just bought a Cube camera and am trying to install it into the remaining port. The instructional videos have told me to download the SADP which I have done.
But the SADP is only showing 1 device, the NVR, and doesn't show the "Inactive" camera. Incidently, neither does it show the 3 active cameras!
Therefore I don't know how to make the Cube camera "active" as shown in the instructional videos I have watched.
The camera is working when plugged directly into the NVR but I need it to function wirelessly.
Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Hi,
SADP will not show cameras connected to your NVR.
It only shows cameras connected to the same network as your PC.
The cameras connected to the NVR are actually on a different network managed by the NVR.

You will need to connect your cube camera to your main network e.g. connect it to a spare port on your router or a switch.
You will of course need to power the cube camera (either via POE or a separate 12V DC PSU).
Because you have already connected the camera to your NVR it will have picked-up settings from the NVR, therefore I would use the pushbutton on the camera to reset it to inactive.
Then use SADP to activate the camera.
Use DHCP or manually set an IP address for your camera on your LAN.
You should then be able to browse to your camera at that IP address (use Internet Explorer), login, access Configuration, and setup your wireless settings.

Hi Phil
Thanks for your speedy response.
Unfortunately we have already tried the "Reset" procedure (More than once!!) and it still doesn't register on the SADP on PC.
If you could talk me through another way e.g. manually setting an IP address for the camera, I'd really appreciate it. I have either PC (Internet Explorer) or Mac.
By the way, is there a new IVMS 4200 system or SADP for Mac?

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi Phil

The camera is connected directly to the router & its own power supply.

And, after a reset, SADP does not find the camera on your network?
And you are running SADP on a PC or Mac on the same network?
(wired to the same router)
Perhaps try with shields down?
e.g. temporarily disable your anti-virus and firewall software and refresh SADP to see if it is then able to find the camera.

I have the PC wirelessly connected to the network, maybe I could try it wired.
Have to pop out now so will try this later.
Thanks again, will let you know how I go on.

Back