01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision "Device is Offline"

Interesting, I have the DS-7604 been working fine since the 25th Feb when I bought it, now can't access it remotely via Hik-Connect. All works perfectly inside my LAN, no network changes, everything else is working fine, just can't access it via the app.

When I log in via the Hik portal it shows it as offline, although on the NVR itself it says it's online... maybe it's a wider problem is there's a few of us suddenly unable to connect?

Any solution yet?

Please read the posts from yesterday immediately prior to yours this morning.
Where I selected one user and resolved her issue (nothing to do with Hikvision).
Then invited you and one other to each start a new thread where I would attempt to resolve your issues.

Hi Phil,
In the USA here, so I'm not sure if there is a difference.
My system was constantly rebooting for about 2 weeks and finally that has stopped (it corrected itself I suppose, because I didn't change anything). In the meantime during all the reboots, I am not able to connect to my system from the ivms-4500 app like I have been for years. System is working fine, operating properly, not rebooting, and recording as I have set it to. I suppose some setting changed during all the issues I was having. the only error I receive on the app when I go to device information and re-save all the device domain name, username, and password is "The device is not registered in the DDNS". My registered mode is HiDDNS.
Any help is appreciated.
JJ

I'm afraid I don't know whether HiDDNS is still operational.
Nowadays, in the UK, everybody uses the Hik-Connect web portal and App.

If you are running / update to the latest firmware on all your devices, then you will probably be offered Hik-Connect as an option under Platform Access.
It is not difficult.
It is the route that almost all Hikvision users select now.

Hello

Thought I would post my experience with H Connect not working over 4G but working on LAN via WIFI. It had done for months but suddenly didn't..

Basically after reading through this forum I confirmed all IP addresses and DDNS were correct. Went to HIK-Connect.com and found that even though my NVR (7608 K2 8P) showed online there was no device

I deleted the NVR on the HC App (android) and tried to add my NVR via the QR code but it didn't show up on the app, but strangely showed at HIK-Connect.com. So I uninstalled the app, deleted the NVR at HIK-Connect.com and downloaded the app again from Google Play.

Added the NVR via QR code again and bingo. Worked fine and shows in HC.com.

No idea why it didn't work before but does now. Anyway, the point is I suppose, sometimes its better to reinstall than do your head in trying to work out whats wrong.

Interestingly having been working since August again (I did nothing to fix it, it just resolved itself) I've now not been able to connect remotely for about a week. Again, I've made no changes, so I'm drawing the conclusion the cloud service is just unreliable.

I can see all cameras inside my LAN, the NVR is still recording, I've got rock solid internet connectivity, it just stopped working one day to the next without me doing anything... maybe it'll just come abck again like before...

I just checked the portal and the external IP in the portal is different than my BT Router is reporting, I suspect BT have changed it as they occasionally do... any ideas how I can edit the HIK Portal to the correct IP Address?

Last edited:
Fixed it myself, logged into the NVR directly, disabled and re-enabled Platform access and it corrected the IP address...

Hi All,

I may have a possible solution for some of you. I have a Hikvision DVR with 4 cameras and all 4 cameras were working fine on my iphone app. However yesterday I realised that one of the cameras is showing offline (device offline) on the app while the rest of the cameras were working OK through the app.

On the main monitor of the DVR all 4 cameras are working, none of my cameras are offline, seems like an issue on the mobile phone/app.

In my case I noticed I was connected to my home wifi 2.4ghz, I also have 5Ghz SSID, I disconnected from the 2.4GHz and connected 5Ghz or 4G and the camera is online again on the app.

Weirdddddd!!!

I ' ve had the same problem...The solution was to change the numbers in the Qos section from 0 to :
Video/Audio DSCP 46
Video/Audio DSCP 34
Management DSCP 48

Bumping up an old post..

Question — If my NVR is showing 'online' and i'm able to access the cameras via Hik-connect app, but the individual cameras are saying 'offline' on the web browser, does that mean anything?

I'm unable to view the live feeds on the camera IP address. Perhaps because they're offline is the reason why?

When I log into the Hik Connect portal, all I see is the NVR registered. If I try and add a device, it won't let me.

@Madgame87 its perfectly normal for your NVR to be online and your cameras not to be, them being offline in terms of the Hik-Connect portal won’t have any bearing on if they connect to your NVR or not.

the reason you are unlikely to see the live feed when you go in via the web address is more likely the software they are running, the camera itself or the most likely the browser your trying to view them on.

As for trying to add an offline device to Hik-Connect it’s not possible, it has to be online itself before you could add them. Although there’s probably little reason to want to add them individually if your viewing through your NVR.

Thanks for that.

Yep I believe it's my browser/Macbook that's not letting me view them live. Once I get a non-work issued laptop I'll have the iVMS installed.

I was just going through all the settings/menus individually and noticed that my camera was offline in the 'platform access' section, but I could see them remotely and accessible via web browser. If there's no concern here i'll move right along!

@Madgame87 its perfectly normal for your NVR to be online and your cameras not to be, them being offline in terms of the Hik-Connect portal won’t have any bearing on if they connect to your NVR or not.

the reason you are unlikely to see the live feed when you go in via the web address is more likely the software they are running, the camera itself or the most likely the browser your trying to view them on.

As for trying to add an offline device to Hik-Connect it’s not possible, it has to be online itself before you could add them. Although there’s probably little reason to want to add them individually if your viewing through your NVR.

I have two questions.
I own a Hikvision hybrid DVR on which I have 4 analog cameras. Yesterday I added trough WIFI Dahua VTO as a camera to my DVR.
It worked neatly to this day.
1. The recorder sees the VTO, it shows a live image, it records it neatly. However, today I just don't see that camera all of a sudden in the hikvision app - it says it's offline. Other cameras are working. (the same camera on the DVR works and has pictures)

The second question is whether the WTO goes into sleep mode if it is not connected to the recorder, whether it heats up or reduces the ability to act as a bell (notifications, etc.)?

Hi,
So, I believe I have the same issue as OP.

Was successfully running below for 18months, recording and view footage through Hik-Connect App on IPhone.

4x Hikvision DS2CD2385G1I 8MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera 6mm [DS2CD2385G1I 6mm

1x Hikvision DS7608NII28P 8 Channel Network Video Recorder [DS7608NII28P]

Then, without notice, all Cameras were showing ‘Camera Offline’ on Hik-Connect App. Couldn’t view live footage for a week on my iPhone , then it started working again out of the blue.

A few months later it happened again, but this time it’s not fixed itself and unable to use Hik-Connect App to view camera on iPhone . (It’s still recording on the NVR)

Current View on Hik-Connect App

View attachment 7306

Been through all steps to re- install and check settings, but noticed no matter what settings I use the NVR Platform Status remains OFFLINE - which I understand is the issue for not sending data to Hik-Connect App

View attachment 7307

Settings all look good and checked ip configs matched TCP/IP on NVR
View attachment 7311

View attachment 7310

Can anyone see something obvious that would cause Hik-Connect not to connect due to ‘Camera Offline’, reading the fixes it’s due to NVR Platform Status being Offline, but can’t seam to change it to Online?

Regards
Matt
I don't personally use the HikConnect service much, however your second picture shows the Hik Connect account status as "unlinked" rather than linked. The DVR first needs adding to your Hik Connect account.

I had a problem with my hik connect service saying offline. I actually deleted my NVR off hik connect so can’t comment if I got device offline but it turned out after getting support from hikvision that my NVR was black listed and they had to fix it on their end. Once it was done I just restarted my NVR and was all online again. See my posts as I went through all settings for network etc.

I don't personally use the HikConnect service much, however your second picture shows the Hik Connect account status as "unlinked" rather than linked. The DVR first needs adding to your Hik Connect account.
Ah ok cheers, do you use another App to view live footage on your phone etc ?
Will have a look at what’s been linked.

I had a problem with my hik connect service saying offline. I actually deleted my NVR off hik connect so can’t comment if I got device offline but it turned out after getting support from hikvision that my NVR was black listed and they had to fix it on their end. Once it was done I just restarted my NVR and was all online again. See my posts as I went through all settings for network etc.
Blacklisted as in there was a recall on your model?

Back