01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Dome - IR Issues

aus_1000

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some feedback on DS-2CD2165G0 domes.

I've previously installed a stack of Hik gear in the past, but have been out of the game for a few years now.

In the past after realizing the problems the older dome cameras had with flaring/reflections, we moved over to turrets and had no issues.

I've got to install a system shortly where aesthetically domes will suit much better than the turrets.

The model I'm specifically looking at is DS-2CD2165G0. Since speaking with an ex work friend, he advised these don't have the issues the old domes did. But I was hoping for confirmation from others - do these have little to no issues with IR compared with the previous models (eg. DS-2CD2142)?

Regards

Hi,

I'm hoping to get some feedback on DS-2CD2165G0 domes.

I've previously installed a stack of Hik gear in the past, but have been out of the game for a few years now.

In the past after realizing the problems the older dome cameras had with flaring/reflections, we moved over to turrets and had no issues.

I've got to install a system shortly where aesthetically domes will suit much better than the turrets.

The model I'm specifically looking at is DS-2CD2165G0. Since speaking with an ex work friend, he advised these don't have the issues the old domes did. But I was hoping for confirmation from others - do these have little to no issues with IR compared with the previous models (eg. DS-2CD2142)?

Regards
I believe the newer ones are improved by design and don't suffer as much with IR bleed . However I still wouldn't use them. For one I've had a lot of issues with moisture getting into the domes. Although they are designated IP65 some suppliers (a while back) were stating they're for internal use only. Additionally any residue from rain quickly marks the acrylic and ruins the nighttime image - they need to be kept clean.

Back