01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Doorbell 6003 - Not ringing phone when doorbell is pressed

tony97568

I have just purchased this doorbell and I'm having a problem with this doorbell not calling our phones (Samsung S8 on the latest OS) when the doorbell button is pressed. It rings occasionally, this tends to be when the phone is in use or has just been used or the app is open. If the phone goes into rest mode the doorbell ring notification will not work. I get the missed call notification, after the event and the motion detection notification comes through okay it just wont ring the phone at the time the bell is pressed. I have a works iPhone 6s and this rings every time. I have gone through all the power and permission settings but just cannot seem to get the phone to react to the doorbell repeatedly. Does anyone have a similar problem, advice or solution.
Thank you

Is the firmware up-to-date? V1.4.62_Build 180515 as far as I can tell is the latest.

Is the firmware up-to-date? V1.4.62_Build 180515 as far as I can tell is the latest.
Yes it's on the latest firmware. Just to add, the only notification I get that the doorbell has been pressed is a notification in the Hik-Connect app about 15 - 30 seconds after the doorbell has been press stating "The call request has been cancelled"

Last edited:
Stab in the dark, I'm using Hik-Connect 3.6.2.1004 only for cameras. Message Push Notifications, Auto-receive alarm after Powering are enabled in my settings (Android 5). Same on yours?

I'm using the same level app as you, connected to Hikvision NVR, same Push settings. Interestingly, just tried the doorbell again and the iPhone 6 rang straight away. My daughters Huawei P10 lite (same app and settings) was not in screen lock, that rang. In screen lock it didn't ring. Both the my wife and my Samsung S8 Android 8 didnt ring. They only ring when the app is open. I'm at a bit of a loss but I think it points to an app / Android os issue. Do you get the ring on your Android 5 phone?

I only have the cameras to test, but my Xiaomi bings when the cameras send an alert. On Android phone>Settings>Permissions>Hik-Connect is everything ticked? Notably Show on Lock Screen and Display pop-up window?

All app permissions are allowed, I get all the motion alerts from the doorbell on all phones, just not a notification when the doorbell button has been pressed.

Long shot, have you tried the IVMS-4500 app? Might be worthwhile to check if the issue lies with Hik-Connect app.

Have this app as well but it does not have the doorbell ring function. Thanks anyway.

Did you ever solve this tony? I have the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy Note 8. When the phone is in deep standby, the push notification for the doorbell ring never comes through. If the phone is awake, even with the screen locked, there is no problem. I don't have any iPhone to test with to see if it suffers the same problem. I checked the app permissions and everything necessary seems to be granted.

tehguy, Yes and No.
Yes... I understood the issue and did find a fix. If you look at this very good post from Al Boreman Q29 Push notifications not working while screen is off - Page 2 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com it will give you a work around. I found if used the ADB command to disable doze on my android phone the doorbell work. The drawback was if you power off the phone you lose the settings and have to go through the process again.
No.... Once doze was disabled on my phone (S8) I could not live with the drastically reduced battery life, I'd get 8 hrs at best. I reluctantly returned the doorbell for a refund. Although I was really pleased with the doorbell it was useless as a doorbell if it didn't tell you when someone was at the door. The app should have managed the power options more robustly but I just wasn't prepared to wait for a fix. I think the root cause was the aggressive power management on the Samsung phone. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Having to disable power saving on the phone is not what I would regard as a fix. This is a real shame, I had high hopes for the Hik doorbell. The fact that it works with a mechanical chime, and ties in to our existing Hikvision CCTV system, is great. But it's somewhat pointless if the notifications don't work most of the time, especially since the chime can't be rang again until after the doorbell notification times out (which I think is about 30 seconds).

Back