01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision doorbell / Intercom. What one? :(

Rob887

Hoping someone can help me select the right doorbell / Intercom..

The features I need.

Connect to the nvr for continuous recording
Instruction detection (via nvr)
Accept sim card for two way audio
Dont want an indoor station

Can work with one without sim if the call button can be linked to an alarm out on the nvr.

I've been searching for days and still not sure what one will fit my build.

Thank you

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hoping someone can help me select the right doorbell / Intercom..

The features I need.

Connect to the nvr for continuous recording
Instruction detection (via nvr)
Accept sim card for two way audio
Dont want an indoor station

Can work with one without sim if the call button can be linked to an alarm out on the nvr.

I've been searching for days and still not sure what one will fit my build.

Thank you

We would recommend the DS-KB8112-IM Doorbell as it can record to the NVR, doesn't require the indoor station like Hikvision's 2.0 Intercom system, and does 2-way audio without a sim card. (connects over the network to the Hik-connect app so no sim card is required)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
Thank you for that

What events does it support?

Also are you able to link the call button to an event e.g send email / trigger output alarm

Thank you

Hello
Thank you for that

What events does it support?

Also are you able to link the call button to an event e.g send email / trigger output alarm

Thank you

The doorbell supports Motion Detection, Picture Capturing, Call Button Pressing and can be linked to email notifications and push notifications to the Hik-connect app if one of these events is triggered. Check p41 of the user manual for instructions on the event settings.

Hello

Need a slight bit of help with this

Got the Doorbell from your website and trying to get the call button to work. It doesn't seem to ring the hik-connect app ?

kind regards

Have you activated the intercom with SADP and then added the device to the Hik-connect app?

Once you have activated the device using SADP you can log in to the device using a browser and go to Configuration > Network > Platform Access and enable Hik-connect.

You then need to create an account either in the app when you first open it or at the Hik-connect online portal, both the app and the online portal use the same account details so you only need to create one account.

We find the easiest way to then add the device to the app is to log in to the online portal and add the device using its serial number, which you will find on the device or the label on the box, and once added the camera after a minute or two should show as online both at the portal and in the platform access settings. Now you can log in to the app and the device should be listed and with it added the ring function should work automatically.

Thank you,
I'm pretty sure i did everything you said there last night. (but will try again)

I had it in my hikconnect app after adding the serial number to my account.

Do i set it up as a 'Doorbell' or a 'Villa Intercom'.

Kind Regards

Just set it as 'doorbell'

Villa Intercom is only if you are having the intercom ring one or more indoor stations.

I would also check when you do log in to the device with a browser that the intercom is running the latest firmware, it should be v1.4.5_190228

All working.
Thank you

Can i connect it directly to the NVR and work the same ?
Or shall i just manually enter the camera as an IP camera on the nvr from outside network

Good to hear it is working.

If you want the doorbell function we would leave the device separate and just add it manually to the NVR using the IP address, if you were to connect it directly to the NVR PoE ports it would no longer be its own device in the app and would instead be added with the NVR which may stop the doorbell from alerting the app.

All working.
Thank you

Or shall i just manually enter the camera as an IP camera on the nvr from outside network

Have you checked if two way audio is recording to the NVR?

Good to hear it is working.

If you want the doorbell function we would leave the device separate and just add it manually to the NVR using the IP address, if you were to connect it directly to the NVR PoE ports it would no longer be its own device in the app and would instead be added with the NVR which may stop the doorbell from alerting the app.
Dan:

I also got the DS-KB8112-IM and got it working on Hik connect, on my indoor station DS-KH 8350.
Now i'm tring to connect it to my NVR.

I got the DS-KB8112-IM wired to my POE switch.
I can find it on my NVR.
When i manually add it it says "This user is locked" Well in my case in dutch " de gebruiker is vergendeld"

Is there some port or Onvif i need to add or activate?

Hope you can provide some info.

Cheers Gerben

All working.
Thank you

Hi Rob, sorry for resurrecting this old post, but I'm looking for a Hikvision doorbell I can add to my existing Hikvision setup, but like you , I don't want the intercom station as I'll be using the Hik connect app on my Android mobile to monitor alerts etc, although I still want it to operate as a doorbell i.e. to make a "noise" so we know someone is at the door.

How have you found the DS-KB8112-IM?

Back