01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision Doorbell Questions

benm

Hi!

I'm very much a beginner here but I'm getting some Hikvision cameras and NVR, so would like to put in a doorbell which I don't need to pay a subscription for.
I'm looking at this, but could I please ask a few questions first:
  1. I understand I have to first put it via a PoE switch to be able to plug it into back of the NVR. Thats fine
  2. Can I use my existing door bell chime (traditional door bell) along with the doorbell? If not, how do you hear it in the house - or do you have to rely solely on the app (there are multiple people in the house and only I will be using the app - and I do leave the house :) ).
  3. Do I have to use an 'monitor' or 'intercom' alongside it (i have seen this stated on youtube videos), or can it be solely used with the app
  4. What do people think of the doorbell? i have seen mixed reviews on this site in terms of bugginess

Thanks very much in advance!

Ben

The DS-KB6403-WIP is a wi-fi device which communicates directly with your mobile device without any monitor or screen. It doesn't even have an RJ45 port to connect a POE switch to. The user manual tells you how to set it up.

Ah yes, sorry - this one

The DS-KB8113-IME1 can be used solely with Hik-Connect.

Thanks. Can it be combined with a traditional door bell chime?

also, it’s a bit industrial looking! Is this the only doorbell model current and supported from Hikvision?
If so, can you use other makes of doorbell with a Hikvision NVR?

cheers

The DS-KD8003-IME1 can be flush mounted and looks much more elegant imho. However you would also need an indoor station to set it up.

Hmm. How much generally are those stations?
Can this doorbell use a standard bell chime?

Back