01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision DS-2CD2012-I IP Camera Review

Harri Whipp

Administrator
20121213151021438108-300x300.jpg

As I mentioned in our review of the DS-2CD2112-, we have had a lot of HikVision products in the office. Today it is the turn of the DS-2CD2012-I, a 1.3MP External Bullet Camera. As per the DS-2CD2112-I, although this is a 'budget' camera, you can get some great images!

This 1.3MP camera can shoot 25fps at 1280x960 (Full Resolution). It also has true day/night functionality, allowing you to see up 30 metres at 0 LUX. The camera has DWDR (Digital Wide Dynamic Range), which helps you get better images with different light levels. It has a IP66 rating and uses PoE (the preferred method of 95% of our customers).

This camera is the most cost-effective bullet camera currently offered by HikVision. We recently unboxed it on our YouTube channel:

This camera mounts using the three holes on the base of the camera, and its position can be easily altered using the easy tightening and loosing system, eliminating the need for tools to make adjustments. As is becoming popular with many manufactures, there is a 'Pig Tail' PoE connector that hangs from back of the device. Below is pictures of the bottom of the device and the PoE connector.

dsc09746-300x300.jpg
dsc09737-300x300.jpg

HikVision, like other manufacturers, do have a web client (as shown below) and they also have software that you can use to record your footage. To record our footage we have used two options. The first was the DS-7708NI-SP NVR. We found this a good way to record HikVision camers, but for the majority of footage we recorded we used a QNAP Vs-4008 Pro VioStor NVR, which also provides a great recording solution.

For more information on HikVision, why not visit our HikVision Forum.

Below we have a snapshot that we took via our Qnap VioStor. Click on the image below to view at full resolution (1280 x 720).

VGS192C.jpg

We have also captured some exterior footage using this camera:

This is another great budget camera from HikVision. I believe for the quality that you get it is well worth the price. This would be an idea camera to add to any existing system or to set up a new system. This camera coupled with either a HikVision NVR or an ONVIF compatible device would be a great security solution and give great results for all users.​

Back