01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION DS-2CD2325fwd-I camera H.265+ Stopped Working

Craig_regan

Good evening everyone,

I have a three camera set up and added the third camera about 6 months ago and it has stopped working.

- The PIR light is on at night and the ethernet port in the NVR lights up but not constantly blinkering like the other two.
- I have taken the camera down and tested it on two patch cables directly in to the NVR and still nothing.
- HIKVision wont speak to me regarding warranty as i am the end user however the company who installed them has gone bust and i am unable to get hold of them to find the supplier of the camera.

Can anyone suggest how i can resolve this issue?

Hi @Craig_regan

What model is the faulty camera?

Do you have a PoE switch or a standard switch and 12v PSU to power the camera on your local network?

Have you tried hard resetting the camera?

Hi @Dan

No i haven't tried resetting the camera as i am unsure how to do that?

You will have to excuse me as i am not 100% up on my terminology, all of my cameras are plugged in to the NVR which i assume is a POE Switch?

The model is: DS - 2CD2325fwd-I

Totally understand the terminology can be confusing. The NVR does have a built-in PoE switch but what I was asking is whether you have a separate PoE switch connected to your local network that you can connect the camera to and see whether the camera appears on your local network using Hikvision IP utility SADP.

If you don't have this other switch then I would go straight to hard resetting the camera, with the turret cameras you should find the hard reset button behind the MicroSD card cover. To perform the hard reset follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the camera from the NVR
2. Hold down the reset button
3. Whilst still holding the reset button, reconnect the camera to the NVR PoE ports
4. Continue to hold the reset button for 30 seconds and then release

The camera should then go through its boot cycle and come back online.

HI @Dan

We have given the hard reset a go and that still hasn't fixed the issue, have you any other suggestions?

Ok, the only other thing to try is adding the camera to your local network but to do this you will need either a separate PoE switch or a non-PoE switch and a 12v PSU to power the camera separately on your local network to see if the camera is visible on the network using the SADP Tool

If this is not possible then there is little else you can try and I would say the camera is likely faulty.

Thanks for your assistance so far @Dan

And if the camera is faulty i guess i am very limited to what i can do with HIKVISION?

Yes, I'm afraid if the camera is faulty and you have no contact with the original seller then it is unlikely you will be able to organise a warranty replacement because as you have already found Hikvision will not deal directly with end users.

Yes, I'm afraid if the camera is faulty and you have no contact with the original seller then it is unlikely you will be able to organise a warranty replacement because as you have already found Hikvision will not deal directly with end users.
Super frustrating as the camera has not been installed long

Back