01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2346G1-I emails with no content

jarmour

I have one of the above cameras which generally works very well. However, most days I get one or more emails generated by the camera with no attached files and the message:

"This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the sender to send it again using a different format or email program.

multipart/mixed"

There is no video recorded at the time the message is sent.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix/ setting I'm missing. This new camera replaced an earlier EasyIP2.0 camera and I never had any such emails when using the older camera.

After help from Dan and testing various scenarios, this appears to be a problem with recent Apple updates (not sure if MacOS or IOS related as I have updated both recently.

Dan,

I think this is an Apple problem, not a Hikvision problem. The reasons for this are as follows:

• In the past, camera emails were set up to send from my BT account to my Apple account. Following your email earlier re Gmail, I first just added my Gmail account as a second recipient of the camera emails, so still sending from BT account. For true events triggered this afternoon I have received emails to both Apple and Gmail accounts and these events also show up on playback. However, the spurious emails are appearing in my Apple account only. Therefore they cannot be generated by the camera since it would also copy the spurious emails to my Gmail account.
  • Secondly, as I only have one camera, I make use of the microSD card facility for recording. As I understand it, the camera records video to the microSD but does not record emails, please correct me if wrong. If that is the case then, again, the spurious emails cannot be coming from the camera, since the content is dated (and I originally received them) days or weeks ago. If the camera isn’t storing them then it can’t be resending them.
There have been Apple updates to both iOS and MacOS since October, so I think that this must be a bug in the new software and I’ll have to sort that out separately.

Thanks for bearing with me on this one and please advise Hikvision.

Regards

John

Back