01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU

Paul2021

Hi

I would like to stream directly from my hikvision camera to YouTube without having to use obs, is this possible with the following Camera DS-2CD2347G1-LU and if not can anyone recommend a hikvision camera that has this feature.

Thanks

Hi @Paul2021

It should be possible by using the RTSP streaming protocol, Click Here for some other forum threads on this topic.

Hi @Paul2021

It should be possible by using the RTSP streaming protocol, Click Here for some other forum threads on this topic.
Hi dan

Thanks for coming back, I don't have an option to add the YouTube streaming url on the cameras interface, I run the camera without a dvr, I can stream from the camera to vlc player ect but I don't see an option to directly stream to YouTube from the camera without using obs

Hi @Paul2021

You need to do it in reverse, you need to take the Hikvision RTSP address (referred to in several of those forum threads and in this specific thread from one of our team members) and enter that into the RTSP stream address bar when starting a YouTube live stream.

Hi @Paul2021

You need to do it in reverse, you need to take the Hikvision RTSP address (referred to in several of those forum threads and in this specific thread from one of our team members) and enter that into the RTSP stream address bar when starting a YouTube live stream.
I assume you mean the url with the local address I use in vlc player and stick that into YouTube instead of YouTube.com/live....2

Apologies @Paul2021

I was getting my RTSP & RTMP mixed up, RTSP can be used to embed the stream on a webpage but to stream to YouTube you need to use an RTMP stream which with a Hikvision camera will require either a software or hardware encoder.

See the YouTube Help section for more advice on this.

Back