01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU Firmware Update Problems

jeffnorman

I'm struggling to update my Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2-LU camera.

Current firmware: V5.5.111 build 201223

Trying to update to HIKVISION UK PORTAL

I heard these cameras don't like it if you leap updates. It just says 'Upgrading Failed'. I've also tried newer firmware.

Have I got the wrong firmware for my camera?

This on a Mac. Tried Safari and Chrome.

I upgraded the firmware for my NVR on this machine using Safari no bother the other day.

Can anyone help?

Just to add to the above, I seem to be able to upgrade my other cameras (colorvue) G1 just fine.

These are on the same NVR.

The only difference I can see is I'm not trying to 'leap' updates. The Hikvision website has older versions of firmware for the G1 relative to my starting point.

The firmware on my G2 seems to be well out of date at V5.5.111.

Perhaps I need something in between V5.5.111 and V5.5.134??

I suppose this is the downside of your mate heavily discounting old display stock to you :(

Appears I should've been looking at G5 firmware.

Can't see any (C) at the end of my part number though. So confusing!

Appears I should've been looking at G5 firmware.

Can't see any (C) at the end of my part number though. So confusing!
I agree - a G2 model camera that doesn't use G2 firmware (doesn't exist) but instead uses G3 firmware, unless you've got the newer one, that had a tiny C marked on the box label, in which case it uses G5 firmware. How could anyone possibly get it wrong lol.

The best way is always to check in the camera menu > System Settings > Basic Information, where you can see the current version, if you look down to the bottom there's an entry that confirms which firmware platform you need:

Screenshot 2021-10-16 at 14.26.51.png

The spreadsheets on the Hikvision portal that show the model number vs platform version are rarely up to date and in some cases won't open after downloading.

Hey guys,

New here and wondering if you can help as I'm having similar trouble upgrading the firmware for my six "DS-2CD2347G2-LU" s' to the latest version 5.7.10:220720

I downloaded the latest firmware from the Hikvision EU website and successfully applied it to 4 of my 6 cameras, but 2 just won't upgrade give me the same "Upgrading failed" error above.

Could this be because two of the cameras are earlier models? It feels like I've got two different firmware streams to worry about for the same model camera?

Gotta admit, I find this really confusing. Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-18 180349.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-18 180349.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 120
Hey guys,

New here and wondering if you can help as I'm having similar trouble upgrading the firmware for my six "DS-2CD2347G2-LU" s' to the latest version 5.7.10:220720

I downloaded the latest firmware from the Hikvision EU website and successfully applied it to 4 of my 6 cameras, but 2 just won't upgrade give me the same "Upgrading failed" error above.

Could this be because two of the cameras are earlier models? It feels like I've got two different firmware streams to worry about for the same model camera?

Gotta admit, I find this really confusing. Thanks in advance for your kind support.
@JB1970 cracked it with his tip above; they are different Firmware versions, jeez!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-18 180349.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-18 180349.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 183
Back