01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2645FWD-IZS smart events inquiry

rob-tech

Hi,

I'm thinking of going with these cameras and a Hikvision NVR for my first video surveillance. The specs look good with intrusion detection and line-crossing being supported, along with vari-focal optics.

However, what is not clear is the amount of lines that can be tracked with line-crossing. I noticed that some of the older cameras only support 1 line. Some of the high end ones explicitly mention 4 lines.

Can these cameras from the Easy IP 3.0 G1 platform support 4 lines for this event or is the functionality crippled like on the old R0 family for instance? I would love to hear from those of you who own 2xx5 cameras if you could verify this functionality as it would help me make a more informed decision.

hi @rob-tech

We have added a 2385G1 to our test NVR in the office recently and from a quick scan of the event settings it would appear that like the R0, R6, and earlier G1 models these new models only support 1 line for Line Crossing, 4 lines has always been something only available from the Smart Series cameras like the 4-series (e.g. 4A26/4B26/etc...), 5-series (5526G0/5AC5G0/etc...), and the 7-series (7A85G0/7126G0/etc...).

Thanks for getting back to me Dan, if I want to go Hikvision, I can only stretch the budget to the G1 EasyIP 3.0. All the others that you mentioned are way too expensive for me.

It's not ideal as it would be one of those nice options to have, however, with intelligent setup I can make the one zone work for my residential application.

Back