01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2T85FWD-I8

Medeng

Good evening, newbie here ;)

Bought Hikvision camera with model written in title with 12mm lens. When connected I spotted that video record so poor, I didn't expect it. Is there any settings need to be changed?

Some information:
Living on the 4th floor, SOMETIMES street light at night is turned off, sometimes it's on. I want to catch on the video a thief that steal car mirrors and etc.

I will attach a photo with my field of view through the window at a day and a video's screenshot with poor quality. Also, you can recommend me other outdoor camera that will record a video with better quality at a night time.

Attachments

• fov.jpg
    fov.jpg
    868.7 KB · Views: 152
  • camera.jpg
    camera.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 146
You would need a much longer focal length to be able to render useful images of that area from your position.
I would suggest a PTZ camera with 25/30x optical zoom.
You will also of course need to select a model with an adequate IR range.
Our range of Hikvision PTZ cameras

This online calculator might help you visualise the scene and select a suitable camera:

With 25-30x zooming camera won’t lose image quality? What exactly model could you offer me?

Forgot to mention, that I can get not only Hikvision. What about other brand? Maybe Dahua has someting better?

You don't lose image quality with 'optical' zoom.

This example video may help you:

PTZ cameras are expensive - most people are limited by budget to choose which model they can afford.
NB - Also take note of the physical size of the PTZs, for many they are too large to be acceptable in a domestic installation situation.

Thank you for replies.

Already looked at some HIK PTZ models and can't decide which would be the best for clearly(as much as it can) catching a thief's face.
Models are: Hikvision DS-2DE4425IW-DE vs DS-2DE5225IW-AE vs Hikvision DS-2DE4425W-DE3. So, which in your opinion is the best and why?

Can't find clear answer for the question if these models have an auto tracking(person recognize and following with zooming) ?

Thank you for replies.

Already looked at some HIK PTZ models and can't decide which would be the best for clearly(as much as it can) catching a thief's face.
Models are: Hikvision DS-2DE4425IW-DE vs DS-2DE5225IW-AE vs Hikvision DS-2DE4425W-DE3. So, which in your opinion is the best and why?

Can't find clear answer for the question if these models have an auto tracking(person recognize and following with zooming) ?

See the below PTZ spec table, all 3 of the models you are looking do NOT support auto-tracking.

Screenshot 2020-02-18 at 10.00.45.png

It is only the first 3 ranges shown above (DE7, DE4A, DE5) that support auto-tracking.

Ok then. So there is no big difference between Hik 4225 and 4425? The only difference is that one has 2MP and the other 4 MP?

Ok then. So there is no big difference between Hik 4225 and 4425? The only difference is that one has 2MP and the other 4 MP?

Yes, that and the max. fps are the only key differences. You will see it says that that the 2MP model can only achieve 60fps at 1.3MP while the 4MP can do 60fps at 2MP.

Last edited by a moderator:
But for the night vision 2MP better?

The difference in night performance will be marginal as the 4MP actually has a slightly larger sensor than the 2MP (1/2.5" on the 4MP vs. 1/2.8" on the 2MP)

Hi, I'm here with a new question.
Could I use Hik camera with auto track feature and all other features without NVR? This camera will be connected via PoE injector and record will be written straight to SD card.

Last edited:
Yes, the PTZ camera you are looking at supports a MicroSD card slot so you can use all the functions you mentioned and record to the card without an NVR.

Well, I'm again here on this thread.
My new camera connected to wifi(with LAN cable to router). Is there any ability to get a live view on my iPhone via mobile data, not on wifi? I want to see a live view while I'm not at home.

Have you setup Hik-Connect?

You need to make sure you set up the Hik-Connect portal because if you just add the camera directly to the app it will only be accessible on the local network, the instructions for setting up Hik-Connect correctly can be found in this forum post.

This post on common mistakes with systems that stops Hik-connect working correctly can also be useful for solving your problem.

big thanks, Sir.

is there any way to adjust zoom while camera auto-tracking? I need that person would be recognized while camera auto-track person, so I need camera’s zoom as much as it can on a person.

if you go to Configuration > PTZ > Smart Tracking you should be able to set the zoom ratio to the largest value, then the camera can zoom in to is max. range when tracking the target.

Back