01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZHS

llars

Living in Norway and bought from England this Hikvision camera I am now trying to setting the camera over LAN, but reach a big problem as my computer can't reach the camera. I haven't any special manual for this camera but found almost simular on the net DS-2CD4A25FWD-IZHS (4A25 instead of 4A26). There the ip should be 192.168.1.64 but no respons. I have tried RJ45 direct from camera to computer and RJ45 via router but no show. I have tried a couple of RJ45.

What am I missing?

Does anybody know where I can find the correct manual?

I missed the poe. But another problem:
I used the SADP and activated and changed ip with success, but couldn't enable Hik-Connect from there. Therefor I opened the new ip in my browser which worked, but following the help (configuration, Network, advanced - the "Platform" didn't show up in the line where http ftp etc. were.

I tried to change some port but it seems to go totally wrong as the page dissapaired and afterwards I haven't been able to reach the ip in my browser. It still can be seen in SADP.

May by I should try to find a reset button, but where is it?

Can my SADP be to old - ver. 3.0.0.10?

Thank you very much, Phil.

I have come a bit forward and have received information from Hikvision that my new Hikvision camera didn't have p2p which make it impossible to use the normal Hik-connect which caused the above problem. Very sorry to miss that on a £ 1000 camera (not mentioned at all in description).

But it is possible to use ivms4200 and ivms4500 using a ip/domain as no-ip.com. Therefore it seems to be possible to overcome the mentioned problem.

One last question by the way. I have a HD-camera, but very poor broadband, will it be overkill to use ivms4500 HD? As far I can read it is simular to ivms4200 and may be it will give better video on my pad when I am in the local net using the 192.168.... instead of the no-ip host when I use ivms4500. Any problems with that?

I think it's probably best to just try the HD App and see if it works OK for you.
If you encounter problems revert to the non-HD version.

Thank you. But now I found som reviews that give lower rating for the HD-version so I go for the Lite version first.

Still a very little confusement. It seems ivms4200 config is a little different from ivms4500.
Manual: https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2017-12-20/47c19b43-c594-4523-a379-4195391cd58f.pdf
Chapter 2 pkt. 1 Demand a super user with password
On the same page - opening after registration demand admin with password (will this be the same as super user?)
Activating the devices each one is given user admin and a password. Is there any need for conform between device password and ivms-password? As to chapter 3.1.4 which would be my way.

Sorry Llars, I don't know.
I'd guess you could use the same user name and password for each?

OK Phil.
I think it must be a reason for pointing out a super user in the first place and will try somewhere else for possible explanation. But if not I do as you suggest. Thanks again.

Back