01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS ANPR camera not reading plates?

SeriesLandy

Hi,
Today I installed my new anpr camera (DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS), with the end goal of it opening an electric gate when approached.
Previously I had a non anpr cam setup and that would notify me everytime someone arrived by using line cross and the hik connect app.
The detection seems quite hit and miss, it will pickup my neighbours car both in and out but will only pickup my 2 on exit.
The camera is mounted at about 2.5m off the ground and a distance of 10-15m. The blue line drawn on is roughly where it is in the area setup.
Set to vehicle detection, 1 lane, entrance/exit. Shutter 1/1000, blc etc off.
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• 0065F7AC-3921-4007-AA45-BF94A09E3930.jpeg
    0065F7AC-3921-4007-AA45-BF94A09E3930.jpeg
    802.9 KB · Views: 772
A massive issue for these is focus. Is your focus set to manual? I always get the wife to hold a plate where a car would be or park a car there, then use the PTZ function where you can zoom and focus making sure you’ve already set the lens to manual and never have a problem other then that.

Hi @SeriesLandy,

A few things to check with ANPR cameras:
  • The horizontal angle between the camera and vehicle isn't higher than 30 degrees (it looks OK from your screenshot).
  • The installation height of the camera is 5-6 metres, with the number plate detection zone 15-20 metres from the camera (looks OK again).
  • The angle of tilt of the licence plates does not exceed 5 degrees.
  • The width of the licence plates on the camera stream is between 130-160 pixels (you can check this by using one of the captures in an image editor and selecting the area of the number plate - the pixels should show at the bottom of the editor window).
  • Try different shutter speeds between 1/1000 and 1/4000.
  • In: Image > Display Settings, set the Mounting Scenario to Road and make sure that the Exposure Time is set correctly for the average speed of the vehicles - approximately, 25mph should be 1/500, 45mph should be 1/750, 60mph should be 1/1000.
  • The size of your detection area is large enough to cover all
  • Your arming schedule is correctly set for continuous detection - Road Traffic > Detection Configuration > Arming Schedule and Linkage Method.
  • All of your firmware is up-to-date.

Use the optical zoom lens to zoom-in on the area of interest (the road) and remove as much of the bushes at either side as possible.
This will result in larger vehicles and number plates.

I managed to get the ANPR camera working, I think it was to do with the arming schedule in the end.
With regard to zoom, it is zoomed all the way in. I've got the 8-32mm lens. I think i'm going to have to get out the hedge trimmer and take the bushes further back.

Back