01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2DE4225IW-DE wont turn on

Paul Bradley

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-2DE4225IW-DE that was installed last year (1year and 1 month ago). On Saturday last it stopped working.
It has a direct 12v supply which is providing the camera with power, when I remove the back plate to access the SD card area there is a small red LED flashing.
I have taken the camera down and tested it with a NVR POE+ connection but still it doesn't work. The NVR doesn't show a camera connection but shows power of 1.5w going out on that line.
The camera doesn't boot up and spin around at all when powered on. Also searching for it with the SADP tool has had no luck.

Does the red flashing LED mean something? Does any one have any ideas?
I have check any capacitors I can and they are all okay.

Attachments

• 1615986664130.jpg
    1615986664130.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 453
Hi @Paul Bradley

Did you try a different network cable when you connected it to the NVR's PoE ports?
Does the RJ45 connection in the camera look normal, I.e. not corroded?

It's also worth trying a hard reset via the pushbutton beside the microSD slot (provided the camera will take enough power for it to work):

Hi @Kyle

I have tried a few different network cables. I have taken the camera down and have it on my desk with a short cable that was being used for another router with no issue.
The RJ45 connection was sealed during use and visually looks like new with no signs of corrosion. The camera was inside in a large shed for the last year so there was no direct rainfall or water near it.

I tried to reset it 3 times there now following your guide but it didn't work. The small red LED just continued to flash, the camera didn't spin around like it does on boot up and the SADP tool has not detected it.

OK, I'm afraid you will need to speak to your supplier about a return as @Phil says, as you have tried everything that we would suggest.

Back