01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2DE4225IW-DE wont zoom

rgabor

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-2DE4225IW-DE camera. It does boot up, and I can access its IP address. The issue I am facing is the image only clear when I am about 20-30 cm from the camera, and it looks like is in a maximum zoom mode. I am not able to change that, don't know why. Did hard reset few times already, but have not changed anything. Using its settings via the browser, I tested the zoom +- function, but did not have any affect on the camera. all other controls are ok.

Does anyone know why this might happening? Is this camera have a digital or mechanical zoom?

Thank you

Hi @rgabor

All Hikvision PTZs have an optical zoom which should be controllable from the browser.

What firmware version is the camera currently running?
How are powering the camera? If you are using a PoE injector/switch can you confirm the model?

Upvote 0
Hi @rgabor

All Hikvision PTZs have an optical zoom which should be controllable from the browser.

What firmware version is the camera currently running?
How are powering the camera? If you are using a PoE injector/switch can you confirm the model?

Hi @Dan ,

Thank you for the reply.

The camera was on an old firmware, so I have updated to V5.6.11_Build190426 so far.

Issue still the same.

I am able to access its web interface via browser. Controlling the camera works for rotating in different direction.

However, the Zoom and Focus buttons does not change anything. This is why I am thinking the camera might be fsaulty?

I am powering the camera directly with a 12 V power adapter which can deliver 2A current.

As the camera is out of warranty, and I consider myself good in electronic, I have disassembled the camera and I can see the small motors controlling different functions of the camera. Like the zoom and the focus.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

When I test these small motors, they are working fine. So my guess so far is that the board, controlling them is faulty.

4.jpg

At this stage, will try to test the components on that board or try to find a replacement for it.

Regards,
Gabor

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back