01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2DE7184-AE Help required

MickNW

Hi, this is my first attempt at using an ip poe cam. I purchased the above cam second hand. I was assured that it is all in working order. The cam came with a Planet poe-171 and a 24v power supply. My first question is , do I use both?
I will take this one step at a time to get it up and running, any help will be much appreciated.

You only need one or the other.
Most people opt for POE where they can, as then only a single network cable is required to the camera.

Hi again, I have connected the cam using the Planet poe. The cam goes through what looks looks post checks, panning and tilting. The cam appears to be communicating with the router as the green light is flashing on my router. The power light and 802.3at end-span lights are lit solid on the Planet poe. Then the green light on the router goes out indicating no communication.
I am not sure which way to try and connect to the cam, Hik connect app on mobile or Hik Tools on computer.
Sorry but this is all new to me

I've downloaded SADP but the cam is not showing up on it. it says only 1 device online, that is my DVR. This cam is second hand and has been used in another system. It has a sticker on it with an ip address, the serial No. and a mac address. I have a Hik connect account and have tried connecting using the serial No. but it says the device is not online. Do you think there might be a problem with this cam? what if it has a password already set?

Have you connected the camera to a camera port of your NVR, or added it to your general network?
SADP will not show cameras connected to NVRs.
For that, you will need to login to your NVR and access Configuration -> Camera Management.
(BTW - what model NVR do you have?)

If you have wired the camera to your general network, then SADP should show it (regardless of IP address, password, etc.).

Hopefully, it will have been reset to defaults when you received it.
In which case SADP would report it as 'inactive, and ask you to set a password, etc.

However, if it was reset/inactive and you connected it to a camera port of your NVR, then your NVR will have activated it, set the camera's IP address to the sub-domain range managed by the NVR, AND passed its password to the camera.

I have now removed the Planet poe and connected the cam using the 24v power supply and Ethernet cable into my general network. I can now access the cam in SADP. My NVR does not have poe connections only BNC.
Thank you for all your help

Back