01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2DF7286-AEL - Missing "Platform Access" in Network, Advanced Settings

Stevews

I have been using my Hikvision DS-2DF7286-AEL Network IR PTZ for about a year now and it’s been excellent.

I now want to access the camera remotely using my phone, however the “platform access" option is missing from the menu. I upgraded the firmware from the original base version of V5.4.0 160613 to the latest version V5.5.2 on the UK Hikvision portal but that made no difference.

I also tried the IPD_EN_EN_STD_5.5.71_180723 firmware on the American Hikvision website but again that made no difference so I reinstated the UK V5.5.2 firmware.

I have used the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome and IVMS-4500 to access the camera in the hope the option would appear using one of them but the platform access option is still absent.

I have uploaded a number of screenshots showing the cameras basic settings and the network basic and advanced settings.

Could anyone please suggest a solution for this problem

Thank you
CB52361C-D53C-4C27-86B1-1F3FC707314E.jpeg
88C0BB82-9673-4BA9-8D68-C5EC721A8265.jpeg
E9318F02-0F0B-4248-ACC5-E8871F1EE903.jpeg

Hi @Stevews

The PTZ model you have is actually quite an old model and is now End-of-Life, this means it probably doesn't support the firmware that introduced the P2P function to newer Hikvision fixed/PTZ cameras. the only way you will be able to remote access the above model is to set up Port Forwarding.

Your PTZ is listed as R3 series. The attached v5.5.0 release notes mention hik-connect functionality. The DS-2DF7286-AEL is listed on page 11. Maybe a lead.

Attachments

• Firmware V5.5.0 Release Note-external.pdf
    965.2 KB · Views: 650
Hello StewartM,

Thanks for the info, I thought as much. I was hoping that installing and reinstalling the latest firmware would force the platform access to appear. I’m sure the camera I have will support platform access as it’s detailed in the online help section. It definitely should be under Network, advanced settings.

I have read online the various Hikvision tools that are available including a tool that helps to restore a bricked Hikvision device with a specific firmware.

In your opinion, do you think it would be wise to use such a tool to force the installation of the 5.5.0 firmware.

When I tried to install that particular version using the browser, it said something like it being incompatible.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Hi @Stevews

You should be able to just download and install the older v5.5.0 firmware and it should just downgrade, the tool should only be required for major firmwares that are usually labeled as 'unable to downgrade'. The v5.5.0 firmware is not labeled as 'Unable to downgrade' so you shouldn't have a problem just installing the older firmware.

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the advice.

I’ve just downgraded the firmware to 5.5.0 and unfortunately that did not install the Platform Access option.

I was just wondering if the missing Platform Access option occurred because I upgraded from the factory firmware version 5.4.0 to the latest version 5.5.2 and missed the two interim updates, 5.4.71 and 5.5.0.

Do you think I should use the TFTP tool to force the camera to install the factory version of 5.4.0 firmware and then perform the interim firmware upgrades up until and including 5.5.2 firmware.

I’m sure this camera is suppose to have the Platform Access option and I would really benefit from having it for ease of use etc.

Thanks

Steve

Have you tried clearing your browser cache completely e.g. Ctrl + F5
Or better still run a tool such as CCleaner.

Sometimes browsers get in a pickle.
Same IP address / same page gets rendered (via cache).

Have you tried clearing your browser cache completely e.g. Ctrl + F5
Or better still run a tool such as CCleaner.

Sometimes browsers get in a pickle.
Same IP address / same page gets rendered (via cache).
Hi Phil,

I did clear the cache and have used different browsers on a PC, laptop and iPad. Unfortunately that didn’t reveal the Platform Access option.

I forgot to add, if I try to install the 5.4.0 firmware, I get the message Failed to get the upgrading progress.

Hence my question about using the Hikvision TFTP tool to force the installation of 5.4.0.

Are you able to get it back on the latest UK firmware and send us a full screenshot - of your browser, when logged-in to your camera please?

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your message.

I have downgraded the firmware to the UK version 5.5.2

After installing the UK firmware I deleted the Internet Explorer cache and then used CCleaner to remove all IE Information, except passwords.

Please see the various full screenshots below, including one from iVMS

Attachments

• Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware iVMS Network settings.png
    Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware iVMS Network settings.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 489
  • Latest version of Internet Explorer with Hikvision Plugin.png
    Latest version of Internet Explorer with Hikvision Plugin.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 361
  • Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware System Settings.png
    Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware System Settings.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 469
  • Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware Network Basic Settings.png
    Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware Network Basic Settings.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 546
  • Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware Network Advanced Settings.png
    Hikvision PTZ UK latest firmware Network Advanced Settings.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 668
I'm stumped.
I can see that you are logged-in as admin.
You have the latest firmware.
Confirmed at the UK portal - HIKVISION UK PORTAL
And at the EU portal - DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
The Release Notes at the EU portal confirm the firmware is for your camera model.
@StewartM (and you) spotted confirmation of Platform Access in the previous firmware version.

Clutching at straws:
Factory reset.
Power cycle.

Then, contact Hikvision Tech Support.

Your web-plugin 'might' be the issue. It's quite an old version. I'm not aware of a repository for the various versions of Webcomponents.exe plugin but I've attached v3.0.6.46, a much more recent version than you have installed. The release notes for v5.5.0 firmware leads me to think this might be the issue.

Uninstall your current version of WebComponents.exe from Windows>Programs and Features. Make sure all your browsers are closed and then run the file as admin (right click the executable for the menu option). Only use IE11, it's still available in Windows 10, and allow it permission to run always if prompted. Chrome and FF won't support this version of the plugin fully. Also, I wouldn't go any higher than v3.0.6.46 of WebComponents in case you run into compatibility issues.

Phil or Dan can supply a link to the same file if you prefer to use a trusted source. Keep us posted.

Attachments

• WebComponents.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 377
I see your version is current, missed that. Enable ONVIF, Network>Advanced Settings>Integration Protocol. It might be possible to activate it via ISAPI. You'll need the Restlet Client plugin for Chrome loaded to proceed.

Hi StewartM,

Thanks again for your advice.

I installed the Restlet Client plugin for Chrome, and enabled the ONVIF setting on the camera.

I logged in as admin, refreshed the page in both Chrome and IE but unfortunately the Platform Access option is still missing.

I think that was all I needed to do?

Ive attached a few screenshots to confirm.

Last edited:
Out of desperation and partly annoyance, I also performed a full factory reset, last night. Unfortunately this didn’t alter the menu either and the platform access option is still missing. Arghh

The Restlet client is to send commands via HTTP requests. There is a possibility that you can activate Platform Access and setup a user even if the option is not visible. I'll put the steps together in a walk-through this afternoon.

Last edited:
Enable CGI in Integration Protocol in the meantime too. I see you have already created a user called admin. To keep things simple make sure you set the user password to the same password you set for the camera (if you had not already).

Provided you are still on firmware v5.5.0 or newer, one thing to try before going the Restlet route. I've attached a link to the latest web plugin that allows full functionality for Chrome and FF. I can't attach it here as the forum seems to have a size limit.
New web plugin.
As before, uninstall the previous WebComponents plugin from Windows>Control Panel>Programs and Features. With all browsers closed, run the file as admin. If prompted allow it permission to run. Open Chrome and check if the Platform Access option appears. If the option is still missing we can try Restlet.

Using the Restlet client:
Open Chrome. If the Restlet extension is installed you should see an icon at the end of the address bar. Click it. Once loaded, click 'Use without an account' on the splash screen.

Next we need to test the camera will accept HTTP requests. Amend and paste the following into the address field:

Method must be set to GET. After you have pasted the address, click the Send button.
Hopefully you will receive a Response 200 OK.
Before we continue, let me know the result.

Back