01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2DF7286-AEL - Missing "Platform Access" in Network, Advanced Settings

Hi Stewart,

Unfortunately the method of removing and installing the new version of the latest web plugin did not reveal the platform access on either Firefox or Google Chrome. When I try IE 11 it prompts me to install the plugin when I try to access the camera. I simply ignored the message but when I look at the camera properties it still states that V3.0.6.26 plugin is installed (I presume that is the version that is part of the cameras firmware and is downloaded when you click on the corresponding link)

Anyway, I followed your advice and I received the 200 OK response from the RestLet tool.

Please see attached.

Hikvision PTZ Restlet tool.png
Hikvision PTZ UK firmware System Settings.png

Last edited:
Hi Stewart,

I received the following suggestion from another website but I'm very reluctant to pursue this avenue, besides which I don't have another camera that has a later serial number. I only have the one Hikvision PTZ dome camera.

Patch & rebuild firmware.
I enabled platform access for my test ipc R3 series DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZ (old release 2015) with LPR when i update it new firmware not for this ipc (with suffix /P 2017,2018...).
ALL work but not with own SN.
I change own SN to another from my DS-2DS3332-I (DS-2CD2332-I) R0 series that already registered in cloud.

When I try IE 11 it prompts me to install the plugin when I try to access the camera. I simply ignored the message but when I look at the camera properties it still states that V3.0.6.26 plugin is installed (I presume that is the version that is part of the cameras firmware and is downloaded when you click on the corresponding link)

I may not have read all the posts carefully enough, but why didn't you install the plugin when prompted please?

Probably because even when the plug-in is up to date, when accessing a camera it asks for it again. Hit another cam, it asks again. Been doing this for a long time.

I have always installed the plug-in when prompted, however when I followed Stewarts advice I uninstalled the version installed by the camera and installed the version in his post.

After I installed the plug-in manually I no longer received the plug-in notices.

The version shown in Windows is now Plugin Version V3.0.6.46 but the version for the cameras is still 3.0.6.26. I'm not sure if that's due to the cameras firmware or whether the cameras web interface, if so, does that mean its picking up the incorrect version.

Hope that made sense?

Here is a screen shot of the version installed in Windows 10 and the version shown on the cameras settings page:-

Hikvision plugin version.jpg

Attachments

• 1565721458049.png
    1565721458049.png
    96.7 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Looking for this - <isSupportPlatformAccess>true</isSupportPlatformAccess>

Glad to hear you get Response 200.
Please amend and paste this into Chrome:
I'm hoping you get a something similar to the following. Paste what ever comes back please.

The response from this would help to:

Response from the 1st request was:-

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<ResponseStatus xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema" version="2.0">
<requestURL>/ISAPI/System/Network/EZVIZ</requestURL>
<statusCode>4</statusCode>
<statusString>Invalid Operation</statusString>
<subStatusCode>notSupport</subStatusCode>
</ResponseStatus>

Response from the second request was:-

<NetworkCap xmlns="http://www.hikvision.com/ver20/XMLSchema" version="2.0">
<isSupportWireless>false</isSupportWireless>
<isSupportPPPoE>true</isSupportPPPoE>
<isSupportBond>false</isSupportBond>
<isSupport802_1x>true</isSupport802_1x>
<isSupportNtp>true</isSupportNtp>
<isSupportFtp>true</isSupportFtp>
<isSupportUpnp>true</isSupportUpnp>
<isSupportDdns>true</isSupportDdns>
<isSupportHttps>true</isSupportHttps>
<SnmpCap>
<isSupport>true</isSupport>
</SnmpCap>
<isSupportExtNetCfg>false</isSupportExtNetCfg>
<isSupportIPFilter>true</isSupportIPFilter>
<isSupportEZVIZ>false</isSupportEZVIZ>
<isSupportEhome>false</isSupportEhome>
<isSupportWirelessDial>false</isSupportWirelessDial>
<isSupportWirelessServer>false</isSupportWirelessServer>
<isSupportWPS>false</isSupportWPS>
<isWirelessMutexWithWirelessServer>false</isWirelessMutexWithWirelessServer>
<isSupportMACFilter>false</isSupportMACFilter>
<isSupportIntegrate>true</isSupportIntegrate>
<isSupportPlatformAccess>false</isSupportPlatformAccess>
</NetworkCap>

I guess looking at the response, that particular firmware doesn't support Platform Access?

Try loading the latest firmware then run the query again. Let me know if <isSupportPlatformAccess> changes.

Hi Stewart,

According to the European Hikvision website I am on the latest V5.5.2 build 171201 for cameras firmware.

I could try the USA Hikvision website and upgrade to V5.5.71 which I have used in the past, however when I last tried that version it still didnt provide the Platform Access option. I will try the update again though and report back.

Just upgraded to the latest version I could find for this camera and it still reports <isSupportPlatformAccess>false</isSupportPlatformAccess>

First execution:-

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<requestURL>/ISAPI/System/Network/Ehome</requestURL>
</ResponseStatus>

Second execution:-

<requestURL>/ISAPI/System/Network/EZVIZ</requestURL>
</ResponseStatus>

Not sure what that means but hopefully its helpful.

Check your ONVIF and CGI are still enabled with the admin user you created earlier. Maybe the firmware voided those settings. Also check under security>authentication>web authentication is set to digest/basic (clutching at straws here).
If they are sill active I'm not sure how to proceed. You mentioned 'patch and rebuild', a suggestion from ipcamtalk? Not sure exactly what that entails or the risk involved. It might be worth looking into 3rd party apps that make use of email event alerts.

While I'm clutching at straws, have you tried inspecting the HTML of the webGUI? Normally pressing F12 in a browser will allow you to inspect the HTML. Click the selector icon and move the cursor over the menu bar of the advanced settings. I'm curious if the Platform Access item is there but hidden via CSS styling. This really isn't the way to be going about it but desperate measures...

Check your ONVIF and CGI are still enabled with the admin user you created earlier. Maybe the firmware voided those settings. Also check under security>authentication>web authentication is set to digest/basic (clutching at straws here).
If they are sill active I'm not sure how to proceed. You mentioned 'patch and rebuild', a suggestion from ipcamtalk? Not sure exactly what that entails or the risk involved. It might be worth looking into 3rd party apps that make use of email event alerts.

While I'm clutching at straws, have you tried inspecting the HTML of the webGUI? Normally pressing F12 in a browser will allow you to inspect the HTML. Click the selector icon and move the cursor over the menu bar of the advanced settings. I'm curious if the Platform Access item is there but hidden via CSS styling. This really isn't the way to be going about it but desperate measures...

View attachment 2540

Hi Stewart,

I rechecked the original settings, ONVIF etc and they were still the same as before.

I have used Chrome to examine the webpage and even performed a search for PlatformAccess but alas it doesn't appear anywhere.

I think I was in the right area when I tried to find the missing option - please see below.

Hi Stewart,

I rechecked the original settings, ONVIF etc and they were still the same as before.

I have used Chrome to examine the webpage and even performed a search for PlatformAccess but alas it doesn't appear anywhere.

I think I was in the right area when I tried to find the missing option - please see below.

View attachment 2547
I not sure what the person on the other forum was referring to. He states he used LPR but the only reference I can find relates to Licence plate recognition.

I'm not clear on what he was suggesting either. LPR is definitely refers to license plate rec. On a side note, the firmware release notes for v5.4.0 and v5.4.3 refers to compatibility across the R3,R4 and R7 platforms. Might the firmware for these models be cross compatible? On the download section Hikvision’s portal, the R7 the firmware is much more recent. If anyone has had success loading it I’d like to know. It’s not something I recommend otherwise in case you brick the camera.

I'm not clear on what he was suggesting either. LPR is definitely refers to license plate rec. On a side note, the firmware release notes for v5.4.0 and v5.4.3 refers to compatibility across the R3,R4 and R7 platforms. Might the firmware for these models be cross compatible? On the download section Hikvision’s portal, the R7 the firmware is much more recent. If anyone has had success loading it I’d like to know. It’s not something I recommend otherwise in case you brick the camera.
View attachment 2548
I really appreciate all the help you’ve given so far.

I don’t suppose there’s anything else to try?

I would be more than happy to give you direct access to the camera if you think that would help. I know that sounds cheeky but my experience and knowledge for this cameras is extremely basic.

Yes, send me your email address in a private chat. I found custom firmware on Hikvision's primary ftp site that reference Hikconnect enabled. I'm not sure if it's 100% compatible though. I'll need to ask around first. I'll update you soonest.

On that note, how the heck does one do that? I've never seen any kind of private message function on this website.

Back