01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7108HQHI-K1 - I want to block remote access?

Soul1986

Good afternoon,

I have a DS-7108HQHI-K1 device installed in my bussiness. Some employess have access to the cameras using HIK connect. One of them is not longer working for me, so from now I would like he can not access to the cameras vision. I changed the verification code, but he still can access to the cameras. Could you please tell me what I have to do to do for restricting this access?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Good afternoon,

I have a DS-7108HQHI-K1 device installed in my bussiness. Some employess have access to the cameras using HIK connect. One of them is not longer working for me, so from now I would like he can not access to the cameras vision. I changed the verification code, but he still can access to the cameras. Could you please tell me what I have to do to do for restricting this access?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.
It depends how you gave him access in the first instance. If you shared the site with him using the Hik Connect app then you should be able to log into your account and remove him there. If he has the username and password for the DVR, just change the password. The verification code is used to add the device to the Hik Connect service so there was no need to change that and as you've seen won't stop someone accessing it if they have permissions.

Thanks you very much for your answer.

To be honest configuration was made by a company, so I don´t really know how was made. Where can I find the username and password for remote accessing to the DVR? Could you tell me where can I check in the Connect App to know the users?

Thanks!

Thanks you very much for your answer.

To be honest configuration was made by a company, so I don´t really know how was made. Where can I find the username and password for remote accessing to the DVR? Could you tell me where can I check in the Connect App to know the users?

Thanks!

This depends on whether the DVR is being accessed using the Hik Connect service (not to be confused with the Hik Connect app) or directly using its IP address/domain.

Hik Connect Service. In the Hik Connect app click the “more” icon in the lower right corner. If you’re using the service there will be a logout link at the bottom. Click “manage sharing settings” You’ll see “my device” and “others devices” If the DVR is listed in the my device section, click it and you should see who it’s been shared with and be able to delete them there. If your DVR is listed in the others devices page - it has been registered to another Hik Connect account and shared with you, so it’s not in your control.

If you’re not connecting via the Hik Connect service. Use the DVR menu with the mouse and go to users in the settings. Then delete the appropriate account or if there is just a single admin account - change the password.

Back