01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision : DS-7116NI-SN/P Firmware upgrade and Streaming issue

ryanh

Hey All,

Hopefully someone can help me :
Im looking for the "newest" firmware for this model : DS-7116NI-SN/P
Currently its on : V3.0.13 build 150429

But I cant find it anywhere.

On another note : I have 13 Cams attached all says online I can view it on live view but I cant seem to get all the cams showing over IVMS-4500 mobile app.

I updated the cams to the latest firmware they had well the one sin the :192.168.88.0 range those connect to a switch the others are connected directly .
The ones connected directly dont show any video on the app, Only the one on the network.

Any idea whats could be going on ?

Attachments

• cams IP.JPG
    cams IP.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 319
That's an old model. In the portal there is a folder called "Z Phased out" It'll be in there but I think the final version for that model is 3.0.22.

Edit: Just checked and that is the final version so you've already got the latest (and last)

Not sure why your cameras aren't displaying. I can see that Cam 1 is connected to the NVR but using Manual configuration while the others directly connected are using Plug and Play configuration (the "strong" under security as opposed to "-" for directly connected cameras indicates that)

On one of the cameras that isn't displaying video in iVMS, log onto it's webpage and go to the setting in the image below. Change the RTSP authentication from "Digest" to "Digest/Basic" as the older NVR firmware does not support "Digest". If it works repeat that with the remaining cameras.

Last edited:
That's an old model. In the portal there is a folder called "Z Phased out" It'll be in there but I think the final version for that model is 3.0.22.

Edit: Just checked and that is the final version so you've already got the latest (and last)

Not sure why your cameras aren't displaying. I can see that Cam 1 is connected to the NVR but using Manual configuration while the others directly connected are using Plug and Play configuration (the "strong" under security as opposed to "-" for directly connected cameras indicates that)

On one of the cameras that isn't displaying video in iVMS, log onto it's webpage and go to the setting in the image below. Change the RTSP authentication from "Digest" to "Digest/Basic" as the older NVR firmware does not support "Digest". If it works repeat that with the remaining cameras.
Thanks so much ,

Sorry where do i get this Z Phased out folder hehe ? The correct Firmware for this ?

So I looked at the cams. The older version only has a basic setting for RTSP and Ive upgraded 2 cams to the new version and changed that unfortunately not luck still not showing .

I also changed the one from manual to P AND P

Attachments

• cam001.JPG
    cam001.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 249
  • cam002.JPG
    cam002.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 252
  • cam003new.JPG
    cam003new.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 230
Thanks so much ,

Sorry where do i get this Z Phased out folder hehe ? The correct Firmware for this ?

So I looked at the cams. The older version only has a basic setting for RTSP and Ive upgraded 2 cams to the new version and changed that unfortunately not luck still not showing .

I also changed the one from manual to P AND P
The firmware for your model is here but as I said you're already on the latest. As it's phased out, there will never be a newer version released now:

I'm not sure why your other cameras aren't showing in iVMS but just to be clear and this is important - in iVMS you should have added just the NVR and NOT the individual cameras - can you confirm that?

If you've added the individual cameras then that is why you can't see them as the NVR keeps the directly connected cameras on their own separate network segment which is not accessible.

The firmware for your model is here but as I said you're already on the latest. As it's phased out, there will never be a newer version released now:

I'm not sure why your other cameras aren't showing in iVMS but just to be clear and this is important - in iVMS you should have added just the NVR and NOT the individual cameras - can you confirm that?

If you've added the individual cameras then that is why you can't see them as the NVR keeps the directly connected cameras on their own separate network segment which is not accessible.
For the firmware its on V3.0.13 build 150429 :
Could I not upgrade it to : V3.0.21_170417 English &Multi-language

As for IVMS , that is correct , I have added the external IP and have a port forward going to the IP of the NVR itself .
So Ive added it on IVMS as a IP /Domain.

Attachments

• NVRfirm001.JPG
    NVRfirm001.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 262
For the firmware its on V3.0.13 build 150429 :
Could I not upgrade it to : V3.0.21_170417 English &Multi-language

As for IVMS , that is correct , I have added the external IP and have a port forward going to the IP of the NVR itself .
So Ive added it on IVMS as a IP /Domain.

Apologies yes you can - I linked the 76NI not the 71 - you are correct.

Ok - so no reason why you can’t see all connected cameras. Are they all displaying on the local monitor? I take it you’ve tried closing iVMS fully (which refreshes it) Are the cameras showing in your iVMS list but showing no video or are they not listed. Try deleting your site from iVMS and adding it back in as it only takes a minute and will disprove any glitch in the app database

Ok - so no reason why you can’t see all connected cameras. Are they all displaying on the local monitor? I take it you’ve tried closing iVMS fully (which refreshes it) Are the cameras showing in your iVMS list but showing no video or are they not listed. Try deleting your site from iVMS and adding it back in as it only takes a minute and will disprove any glitch in the app database
Ok great :) , Im guessing its the one ive underlined lol ? Im not the expert but i believe its a 16 channel but it has 8 Ethernet ports at the back.

As for IVMS So they display on the live view from going into the main NVR Image attached.

But not all are showing on the monitor attached to it . Its displaying like 4 .

Yeah so i have closed and reopened IVMS I have even deleted the device and tried re adding it .

It doesnt even show other cams in the device, only 1 .

Attachments

• 7100 versions.JPG
    7100 versions.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 229
  • Live View display.JPG
    Live View display.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 197

So it seems that the super old router I have seems to go weird . I rebooted it and now ivms is showing them .

Lets see how long it lasts thou.

I would also like to update the firmware on the NVR , so if you wouldnt mind confirming if that is indeed the correct version that would be great :)

Attachments

• IVMSreboot.JPG
    IVMSreboot.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 225
So it seems that the super old router I have seems to go weird . I rebooted it and now ivms is showing them .

Lets see how long it lasts thou.

I would also like to update the firmware on the NVR , so if you wouldnt mind confirming if that is indeed the correct version that would be great :)
That's good.

If your NVR has the part number 7116 then it is indeed the 16 channel version. Also in the camera details page picture you uploaded earlier it shows D01- D16 and you have 13 cameras connected. Some of the older 16 channel models did only have 8 PoE ports on the back. If it's a UK model then the version you've highlighted is correct. All the others are regional variations ML is multi lingual I believe, so there are variants there for Western Europe, Eastern Europe etc

That's good.

If your NVR has the part number 7116 then it is indeed the 16 channel version. Also in the camera details page picture you uploaded earlier it shows D01- D16 and you have 13 cameras connected. Some of the older 16 channel models did only have 8 PoE ports on the back. If it's a UK model then the version you've highlighted is correct. All the others are regional variations ML is multi lingual I believe, so there are variants there for Western Europe, Eastern Europe etc
Thanks very much, So i think there are 16 cams, Only 13 are showing.

I think when the renovators came they cut the cables so need to double check that.

Although I can go to quick add and then it adds two more cams , but im not sure if thats working as if i change the IP from the NVR after quick adding it .
Nothing happens.

I did plug one cam into a switch but its not showing it, Perhaps I need to go into the cam itself and change the IP maybe ?

Also another issue im having is on the monitor its not really showing all the cams on the screen , I would like to have all 16 cams showing but Im not to sure why its not , for some odd reason on the screen it shows no link , But I can see them on the live view .

Attachments

• cam display.JPG
    cam display.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 194
Also another issue im having is on the monitor its not really showing all the cams on the screen , I would like to have all 16 cams showing but Im not to sure why its not , for some odd reason on the screen it shows no link , But I can see them on the live view .
I'm not familiar with that model unfortunately. Usually you would just select the 4 x 4 multiscreen while viewing to show them all. If you can do that but it's not populating all of the segments with an image, you need to go into the menu on the monitor and in the configuration go to live view setup. There you will select the 4 x 4 page and you can select which camera shows in each segment or click the x to delete a camera that doesn't exist. What you'll want to see is the 4 x 4 grid in that menu populated with D1 - D13.

Also be aware that depending on the capability of the NVR it might not be capable of decoding and displaying all of your images to screen simultaneously so that could be preventing them all from showing. You need to set the screen up in that same multiscreen setup above, for each segment to be Auto, so that it shows the sub stream image while in multiscreen view and switches to main stream when you view the camera full screen. That setting was adjustable on the older version 3 firmwares - on newer machines with version 4 it's all automatic and cannot be user adjusted.

Back