01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B) NVR questions - no events in playback & blank thumbnails?

HikUp

Hi

Got a few little niggles with the NVR and wondering if anyone has any solutions to this.

Firstly I'm not getting any events indicated in playback on the NVR but I get them no problem on the hik connect app. I have the blue bar showing continuos recording but no markers or nothing, in any view.

Secondly I have line crossing detection enabled, which works well and sends the notification through to my phone, but I'm getting a blank thumbnail image whereas when I had the camera set up temporarily without an NVR previously it would send the notification along with a captured image through as a thumbnail to my phone.

Lastly this is less of a problem but would be handy if there was a way. Is there anyway to make the menu bigger on the NVR as it's quite hard to see the Icons?

My NVR is the DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B)

Attachments

• 16019192908414984048296501767871.jpg
    16019192908414984048296501767871.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 246
  • 20201005_183621.jpg
    20201005_183621.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 211
Hi

Got a few little niggles with the NVR and wondering if anyone has any solutions to this.

Firstly I'm not getting any events indicated in playback on the NVR but I get them no problem on the hik connect app. I have the blue bar showing continuos recording but no markers or nothing, in any view.

Secondly I have line crossing detection enabled, which works well and sends the notification through to my phone, but I'm getting a blank thumbnail image whereas when I had the camera set up temporarily without an NVR previously it would send the notification along with a captured image through as a thumbnail to my phone.

Lastly this is less of a problem but would be handy if there was a way. Is there anyway to make the menu bigger on the NVR as it's quite hard to see the Icons?

My NVR is the DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B)

You won't get event markers in the timeline of the NVR normal playback. How you view the events will depend on what firmware you're on. From your image it looks like it's version 3 - where you right click for the menu. To view the events on there go to playback, switch to smart playback, then in the bottom left corner click the line crossing - draw line icon. At that point the timeline should populate with the markers for your pre defined line. If you have dual VCA enabled in the camera you can optionally define a different position for your line with the mouse and click the magnifying glass to retrospectively search the video there.

Not sure why you're not getting thumbnail images - it may be the way that you had it configured for standalone use before connecting it to the NVR.

The only way to increase the menus would be to lower the resolution in the display setup menu.

Back