01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608IN-I2/8P hard drive light very dim.

bellybuster

I've got a new DS-7608IN-I2/8P with one 5mp camera connected continuously recording.

Now its under the TV where I can see it, I've noticed that the red hard drive light was not flashing. I had to get within 5cm from it and can barely see it flash about every 3 seconds. Is it faulty or is this normal for this NVR?

Thanks

Now its under the TV where I can see it, I've noticed that the red hard drive light was not flashing. I had to get within 5cm from it and can barely see it flash about every 3 seconds. Is it faulty or is this normal for this NVR?

As far as we are aware this is standard for Hikvision NVRs as we have a 7604(B) NVR in our office doing the same thing. Even if the LED was faulty, which it's not, it would not be an issue to worry about because the NVR would still alert you with an audible alarm and error messages if there ever was an issue with HDD like corrupted files or complete disk failure.

As far as we are aware this is standard for Hikvision NVRs as we have a 7604(B) NVR in our office doing the same thing. Even if the LED was faulty, which it's not, it would not be an issue to worry about because the NVR would still alert you with an audible alarm and error messages if there ever was an issue with HDD like corrupted files or complete disk failure.

Dan thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Back