01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A - Latest firmware?

GregorRU

Hello all. i have Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P/A and firefox/chrome are not working with the plugin so I tried to update to latest firmware on hikvision.ru:
NVR_K41_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.106_191009
Unfortunately, plugin only works in Internet Explorer again. I think I need version 4 firmware, am I right? Is there a way to
update with firmware from a more recent model like K2 or I2 from K51 series as workaround?
Thank you,

Gregory

Hi @GregorRU

The latest firmware for the 7608NI-E2 NVRs on the Hikvision EU portal is v3.4.103

Unfortunately, there will be no firmware for the E-Series NVRs that will support modern browsers like Chrome & Firefox as the E-series is now regarded by Hikvision as End-of-Life and they will only be bringing the new browser support in the v4 firmware for the I-series NVRs.

Some users have tried and been successful in installing v4 firmware on a K-series NVRs, but we have had no reports for E-series NVRs as we believe the hardware is too old to support the functions that v4 firmware brings.

Thank you for your very detailed and informative answer.

The firmware I updated to is from October 2019 and was after the discontinuation that was announced in December 2018; but I understand they may be releasing just small security/performance updates instead of functional upgrades.

I tried installing V4 firmware from K and I NVRs but they are not accepted as they are by the update page, I think it would need some tweaking with the firmware. I'm not yet familiar with this type of firmware but know my way around with this stuff in general, I can try having a look at previous solutions if you can give me a pointer to see how they adapted the firmware package from other models.

However I trust your experience in saying that the model is probably too old, maybe just curiosity at this point!

I wouldn't be able to point you anywhere I'm afraid because I believe all those that had installed the v4 firmware on K-series NVRs had just installed the stock firmware and it had worked, they hadn't done any adapting of the firmware.

As far as I am aware nobody here on the forum has adapted v4 firmware for E-series NVRs.

All right so if they just installed the firmware from other models as is I can confirm it's not working for this model as the Firmware update fails at the start.
For future reference, I tried with all the available version 4 firmware on hikvision.ru from I-series, up to NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V4.40.010_200430; also tried with K-series (even if the version is 3.4, just as test) up to NVR_K51_BL_ML_STD_V3.4.109_200320, to no avail.
So it seems you cannot install firmware from those series on E-series; probably the updater checks that the firmware is for K41 models.

I will see if I can find something about modding the firmware but I'm afraid hardware is different to begin with; I will check the datasheets next if i can find some information about the platform but it should be older/incompatible hardware as you said. So I'm afraid it's not a seamless operation, otherwise I think Hikvision developers would have released a version 4 upgrade together with the small security updates done after EOL if it were that easy. Will probably have to give up this endeavour...

Regards,
Gregor

Back