01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P NVR firmware update?

Stevewhit64

I have not updated the firmware on my DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P for sometime & thought that I would bring it up to date.
The current firmware that is running is V3.4.95 build 170626 & I would like to update to the latest V3.4.103 build 181226

Am I able to update in one update or do I need to install the updates inbetween first & is it likely to reset the NVR to factory defaults?

Hi @Stevewhit64

You are only a few versions behind so there shouldn't be any issue jumping straight to v3.4.103

Hi Dan I am in France but purchased my Hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 / 8P in USA. It would appear that in the US the firmware for this model has ended. I see you speaking of 3.4.103 and this is much higher than the last US update. Am I able to download this firmware from my French location? Will it work on my recorder? Any ideas? And to be sure, where do I go to get this latest version and the middle step you suggest?

The US models use distinctly different firmware so I can't recommend that you use a newer UK/EU firmware version on your US NVR model as it may cause technical issues.

The latest US version of the firmware for this NVR is v3.4.96

Reactions: Tim
HI Dan,

I just found this thread and hope it is OK to jump in on.

I am running V3.4.90 build 161008 and want to go to V3.4.103 build 181226. Do you think this will be OK?

Also do you know if this supports Hik-Connect at all?

Yes, updating to v3.4.103 should be fine.

I think the E-series NVRs pre-date Hik-Connect so probably don't support it (if they did there would be a menu for it in the NVR network settings), if it doesn't support Hik-Connect then you will need to set up port forwarding for your NVR to be accessible outside your local network.

Thanks for the reply. There is currently no Hik-Connect option but wondered if it came in a later firmware update?

I have port forwarding already but don’t have a static IP address so nothing to permanently bind to.

I haven't updated my hikvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR and it currently is using v3.3.4 an the latest version is v3.4.96. I have downloaded the latest software version but need to know if I'm required to download the versions in-between first. Please advise

@Dan.... thank you. I was able to install each software version successfully. But I'm not able to bring my 2 cameras online.

Hi @Toy

It might be that your cameras are also running very old firmware.

Do you know the model number(s) of the cameras you have?
Are all or some of the cameras directly connected to the PoE ports on the NVR?

@Dan... My cameras model numbers are DC-2CD2132F-I and they are directly connected to the POE ports on the NVR.

Hi @Toy

Okay, when logged into the NVR, if you go to Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Other do you see the option to Enable Virtual Host?

When I go to configuration >network there's no advance setting. I looked through all menu options and don't see anything that say enable virtual host.

Okay,

Do you have a direct HDMI/VGA monitor connected to the NVR?

Okay,

With the direct monitor you should be able to update the camera firmware.

Go to Menu > Camera > Camera > IP Camera and you should see a list of all the connected cameras, if you scroll the camera table all the way to the right you should see a firmware column with the current firmware version of all the cameras.

Can you please confirm the current firmware version(s) for all your cameras?

Back