01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision ds-7608ni-i2/8p set up today.

Vauxfan

Gives a lot of help
Trusted Member
Well today was the day I set up my dvr. I fitted the hdd then swapped the fan out for a noctura fan. I had bought loads of 2.0 mm connectors so cut and soldered the plug onto the noctura fan. That way I kept the original fan in one piece.
I then set up up the nvr following the instructions on here. ( slight differences)
The ipv4 set up was a bit confusing. The written instructions relate to 3 data inputs yet I had 4 to put in. Gateway I think was the one not mentioned.
I also got confused with putting the ip addresses in. My ip address is as following format.
×××.×××.×.×
Yet the nvr wanted it in the format like xxx.xxx.xxx.x
So I hope I put it in correct.

Hi @Vauxfan

It sounds like you got it set up correctly, if you share a screenshot of the NVR network settings we can double-check for you.

The IP address formats (xxx.xxx.x.x and xxx.xxx.xxx.x) are actually the same because each of those 4 numbers can range from 1 to 254, but your format of IP address is the most common.

Are you accessing the NVR with a browser or using a direct HDMI monitor connected to the NVR?

Ok, if you go to System > Network > TCP/IP that is where you will find all the network settings for your NVR

So I can take a snap shot and post it up?

Here

Attachments

• 20210422_124743.jpg
    20210422_124743.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 233
Yes, that all looks fine to me.

You can double-check that your network settings are definitely correct by using the Command Prompt tool on a Windows PC as explained in this forum thread:

If you don't have access to a PC and/or you are not planning to access the system at all with a PC then you can also enable DHCP on that network settings page which will allow the NVR to automatically find the correct network information for your local network. (if you do this make sure to disable DHCP after you have saved its changes because if you leave it enabled it can allow the NVR to change its IP details when it restarts/reboots)

Back