01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2-8P setup question

Davesims

Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to set up a couple of things on the 7608 and it's doing my head in and was hoping someone could help with a little advice.

I will discuss it with the one camera as it should apply to the others once I have replaced them.

I have the 2CD2542FWD-IS set up and want to do the following if possible

Have the camera recording continuously but flagging motion, intrusion or line-crossing events (What ever is set)

Taking snashot of the events

Can this be done and is it done on the camera side or the NVR side?

Yes that can be done. If you have the camera setup for 24/7 recording (which it will be by default when you connect to the NVR using plug and play) you can simply enable the events that you want to be marked or alert you via push notification etc.

Once the camera is connected to the NVR you can enable the Basic (motion) or Smart (line crossing, intrusion etc) events via the NVR - the settings are actually in camera but program them using the NVR interface.

One annoyance of the newer firmware for the I series NVR firmware is that it used to display markers for programmed events in the normal playback timeline - it no longer does but you can still find them using the custom playback search. In addition you can use the Smart Playback (not to be confused with Smart Event) facility to retrospectively search for motion, line crossing or intrusion in an area of the image other than the one you've pre defined in the settings.

Reactions: Dan
Yes that can be done. If you have the camera setup for 24/7 recording (which it will be by default when you connect to the NVR using plug and play) you can simply enable the events that you want to be marked or alert you via push notification etc.
Thank you for your response.

So I have it straight, The recording schedule on the NVR is set for continuous for that camera but you also and enable and set the motion detection, line crossing or intrusion detection on the NVR to flag those evens? So pretty much nothing is done on the camera itself besides image adjustments?

I have a curveball for you

As you would probably know on the 2CD2355FWD-I in the motion detection setup on the camera itself there is a normal and an expert mode but there is no option on the NVR, looking at the Expert mode it appears that you can set different regions and sensitivities for different areas on the one cam.

By using the motion detection on the NVR you would forgo those options?

Comments inserted in your message below :)

Thank you for your response.

So I have it straight, The recording schedule on the NVR is set for continuous for that camera but you also and enable and set the motion detection, line crossing or intrusion detection on the NVR to flag those evens? So pretty much nothing is done on the camera itself besides image adjustments?

Yes that's correct. Although you set the programming using the NVR, those settings are actually applied on the camera. The resolution, frames per second, alarm events are all in camera.

I have a curveball for you

As you would probably know on the 2CD2355FWD-I in the motion detection setup on the camera itself there is a normal and an expert mode but there is no option on the NVR, looking at the Expert mode it appears that you can set different regions and sensitivities for different areas on the one cam.

By using the motion detection on the NVR you would forgo those options?

That's right but you can still get all those options. Set and apply everything that's available in the NVR. Once complete, navigate to the camera web GUI and set what wasn't available in the NVR. Don't change anything on the camera web GUI that you can do directly on the NVR - you can get a situation where although the changes are applied on the camera, the NVR doesn't READ them and display matching information in it's GUI until you reboot it.

You are using the I series which has version 4 of the GUI so there's much more that can be set on the NVR directly. For instance line crossing minimum/maximum object size can be set in the version 4 NVR GUI but could not be in version 3 and had to be set in camera. IIRC you can also set shutter speed for the camera in NVR GUI 4 but couldn't in version 3.

Regarding line crossing. Please have a read of my thread regarding an issue/glitch with the programming which I reported and Dan from use-IP has reported on to Hikvision. In short - set the line crossing on the local monitor rather than the NVR web page.

Back