01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7616ni-i2/16P NVR POE Issue - "PoE Power Overload"

ardsar

I have a 716NI-I2 16 channel and have noticed in the logs a POE overload which only seems to occur for one second every hour - appears to be happening at 8 mins past the hour every hour. No cameras drop out, and everything seems to be functioning correctly.

Firmware version is 4.1.61.

Any thoughts on what might cause this. The log doesn't say what channel is overloaded. I only have 9 cameras attached and under worst conditions, no camera seems to be drawing to much power.

Any thoughts?

Hi,
It's very interesting that you raise this question this morning. I was guiding a customer to look at his logs yesterday afternoon and we found exactly that pattern in our demo system Hikvision 7616 -I4/16P NVR.

We have updated to the latest V4.1.67 firmware - available here:
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

But our NVR has continued to report the same overnight.

We're not seeing any other symptom or problem related to this (nothing spotted yet, at least).
We only came across it completely by accident.
I'll update here when I have News.

1543399106416.png

Hikvision Tech Support were not aware of this.
They assume it is not causing any problems, and will now investigate.

Ok thanks for the update. I also see no other symptoms at present.

I have a new Hikvision system model DS-7716NI-I4/16P-4TB. I've had it in place since late Feb, 2019 and just noticed these same POE Power Overload alarms that started on March 2nd, 2019 while I was still testing prior to install. The error messages are occurring every hour at 5 minutes, 58 seconds after the hour.

Just wondering if anyone as found info on this issue.

Thanks.

Back