01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/16P NVR - What do I do if the existing HDD health is shown as poor?

maverhick

Hello guys,

I have a Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/16P NVR with a single 6TB HDD. Currently, via the browser, I can see that the HDD health is being shown as poor. I want to know, what are my best options. This NVR has use 4 HDDs at the same time.

I picked up a replacement 6TB drive and now I am wondering what are my best options if I want to retain the data and also replace the drive. Please suggest if mirroring or any other option might also work. I would really like to keep the old data as well.

Furthermore, is it possible to remove the old 6TB data and be able to view it without the NVR? What are my options?

Thanks!

AFAIK you have no options :(
Remove the problem drive - set it aside, it will still contain its data, but I doubt you'll be able to access it with any success outside of the NVR.
Install and format the new HDD, the NVR will add it to its usable capacity and begin to fill it.
That model NVR has no options for RAID, mirroring, etc.

Damn, is there no way to save the data and view it on a different machine using ivms or any of the other hikvision software?

The issue of extracting data from faulty/formatted HDDs was talked about in this recent thread, including some options for trying to extract data using a PC:

Back