01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-9632NI-I8 standby mode

UmplebyC

Hi I've read you can have 2 x DS-9632NI-I8 with 1 active and the other in standby mode. It mentions about syncing the devices recordings then the standby will step in and take over recordings if the live one fails. What i need to know is do both units keep the same recordings on them as they are both in sync? So if I have 40 days recordings on the live this gets replicated to the standby so if the standby steps In to take over recordings then it will have the most recent recordings plus the new live recordings?

Thanks

I have never configured/tested this, it is known as N+1 Hot spare:
N+1 Hot Spare-Hikvision

It's covered in section 7.3 of the NVR's manual:
https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/hikvisionkiusermanual.pdf

There's a brief video 'How To' here:

My understanding is that the 'Hot Spare' only actually begins recording and takes over from another NVR when that NVR fails.
You will note that one hot spare can be the standby for up to 32 running NVRs.
And, that when all the normal working devices are running normally, the Hot Spare sits there NOT recording.

1550621841082.png

Alternatively, what Hikvision simply refer to as backup:

This illustrates both NVRs recording the same cameras at the same time - which may be nearer to your requirement.

Sorry for late reply but the video you showed with 1 nvr piggy backing the other works a treat. I just needed to u/g the firmware to be able to add the nvr and channels required.

Back