01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP doorbell notifications glitch

mestizomad

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP video doorbell, with a 128gb SanDisk memory card installed and which is also connected to my Hikvision Turbo DVR via it's IP address.

One of the features of this doorbell is a notification system via the Hik-Connect iphone app. Every time somebody stands in front of the door, i receive a notification. There are adjustable motion detection settings and you get a thumbnail and short video for each event.

However, this notification feature constantly stops working after a few days of use.

I have Reset and Reinstalled the doorbell several times and each time, the notifications feature works for a while and then stops working.

Is it maybe something to do with the fact that my doorbell is also connected to my DVR and my DVR is recording 24/7?

If anybody can help with this than i would be greatly appreciative!

Cheers

Last edited:
Is the Motion event settings set up in the DVR settings or the doorbell settings?

If the motion events are being managed by the DVR you should be able to check the logs on the DVR to see whether or not it is still triggering when motion is detected, this will help identify if the actual motion event is not working correctly or if it is just the push notification to the phone.

If they are being managed by the DVR then I would consider adding a MicroSD card to the doorbell itself and try setting up the doorbell to manage the motion detection and push notifications on its own.

It is also worth checking that event/push notification settings in the Hik-connect app are set correctly. In a recent app update, Hikvision added some new push notification features that another forum user brought up in this recent post

Hi,

It is setup with the Doorbell App on the iphone.

I have no motion detection setup on the DVR.

Yeah the push notifications on the iphone app are setup correctly. They are Enabled and setup to receive Events.

I have tried switching all of these settings and turning OFF and ON again several times. The ON/OFF trick did actually work one time and i started receiving events again and then it stopped again after 1 day.

Thanks

Hi,

I think I might have fixed it!

Even though it was all setup correctly on the iPhone app.

I typed the IP address of the camera into Internet Explorer and looked at the settings in there and it had Motion Detection turned off.

So I turned this back on and now it's working again via the app and i'm getting events / notifications on my iPhone when I stand in front of the camera!

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back