01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME issues

jlikonen

Hi,

I have finally managed to install one of my Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 door stations with a keypad and card reader. I have issued several RFID cards and opening of the electric lock works.

I’m struggling now with recording videos and capturing pictures. I’m using iVMS4200 v.3.2.0.10. I used earlier v3.1 and the new version fixed some bugs and added new functionalities. I have updated the firmware on the door and sub units to the latest version.

My first question is that is Hikvision Storage Server required in order to store the recorded videos and pictures on my PC running iVMS?

I’m now reading the iVMS manual (ch. 7) and trying to do remote storage configuration. One problem is that I can setup recording schedule but for some reason capture schedule is inactive so I can't enable capture storage.

I have installed the storage server and “formatted” the HDD and followed the instructions on ch. 7.2.4. I have selected the iVMS storage server under STorage on Storage Server. I have ticked the storage on PC. I have selected Event recording as a template for recording but I can’t select the template for capture as this feature is inactive.

I have made tests to trigger an alarm event but there is no video created or picture captured (except for unlocking event). One thing which I have noticed is that under Event configuration module when I try to setup a video event, there are only two event types (Invalid Card Swiped event and Video Intercom Unlocking) but no option for Motion Event. However, when looking at Event center I can see all the events but no videos or pictures.

I have to say that the hardware is really cool but I’m getting somewhat frustrated with iVMS. Any ideas what I’m missing?

Last edited:
Did you ever get this sorted? I have just got the new 6113 system after wanting an 8003 but with a card reader it would looked out of place on my door and I’m having the same issues

No, I never managed to solve the problems with iVMS. I then moved to Blueiris which works nicely. I wanted to have a separate NAS so I got a Synology box with surveillance station. This also works nicely with the Hikvision intercom.

Back