01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-KD8003 Video Doorbell > Sip Video Call possible?

Roelli

Hi.

I have a DS-KD8003.

The SIP function is working fine now.
But... is there any chance to make a SIP videcall?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
It is posibile, at least with the DS-KV8413-WME1 I am using. I bought only the outdoor unit, without the indoor one.
Steps:
1. Install a SIP server on a computer (3cx, or Mizu)
2. Install SIP softphones on the mobile phones (I use Linphone)
The computer should have static IP and be always powered on.
I am able to receive video SIP calls from the outdoor unit and unlock the door by pressing the # key.

Thanks!

Maybe it would work with my DS-KD8003, but I just tried two VOIP clients. (they should be able to show video)

But the manual or specs of the Hikvision does not tell any word about if video will work or not.

In the end I sold everything.

In the end I sold everything.
An all too common refrain from KD8003 owners and I may join the club. I can live with the bugs and the awful UI but I won't tolerate for much longer the inability to record motion events to a connected SD card. I'll give Hikvision until Xmas to fix their video intercom before I sell mine and my four indoor stations - and my eight IP cameras - and switch to another brand entirely. I would never have gone with Hikvision in the first place if they had made it clear that their ridiculous KD8003 doesn't record motion events (or indeed anything apart from low-quality still images).

Hi @Roelli , i also have the 8003, i configured the indoor panel with a sip server... But then what? How can I define a sip extension to call when a doorpress is happening? Do I need to define that in freepbx or on the indoor/outdoor system?

Hi.

I sold this shit. :)
I also never got it working so that it calls a sip extension.

You can let it call the hikvision app on your phone or your computer, but I only got it working so that it called my computer.

the computer? do you mean the IVMS software? or some other app? do you remember that?
ddid you remember how you tried the setup? where did you define the sip extension to be called? was that on indoor or outdoor panel?

Yes, IVMS Software.
But I can't recall exaclty what I did. And I deleted everything because i was frustrated.

ok, np

do you also remember if you open the door with IVMS software? was there actually an incomig call? maybe i can wireshark that traffic, to make my own restcalls

i tried this before, in the indoor, i entered the IP of my ivms PC, but my ivms software didnt ring when someone pressed the door
was it more then just entering the IP of th IVMS PC?

yeah.. the call to the IVMS Software worked good. A window opened and I could press the "open door" button.
But it lasts some time to get it working in the ivms.
I think I needed to set something like "surveillance station" or so in in KD8003 setup.

ok, i have setup my FreePBX @Roelli
i registered my indoor station fine with extension nr 1

but i am lost now? where the hell can i tell , that when someone pressed the doorbell, it also needs to call extension nr 2 ? i cant find that setting :)

ok, i have setup my FreePBX @Roelli
i registered my indoor station fine with extension nr 1

but i am lost now? where the hell can i tell , that when someone pressed the doorbell, it also needs to call extension nr 2 ? i cant find that setting :)
Hik documentation is very poor. It seems that you have to setup room numbers. Set # 2 to the room 1. Intercom will call to this number. I also wish it to call the next room in the list, if nobody answer the first, but it doesn't do that, so I had to setup this with asterisk.

Attachments

• UD20207B_Baseline_Video-Intercom-8-Series-Villa-Door-Station_User-Manual_V2 2 3 PDF.png
    UD20207B_Baseline_Video-Intercom-8-Series-Villa-Door-Station_User-Manual_V2 2 3 PDF.png
    32 KB · Views: 221
Yeah, found it too and indeed I had to setup forwarding rules on free PBX

Back