01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision DS-KV8113-WME1(B) Strange behaviour - constant green light on the door open sign?

fin

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello,

Could I ask a question for anyone who has or installs the outdoor station 8113. I've one that has a constant green light on the door open sign as below, my 6113 does not have this constantly illuminated only when the relay is operated, I've watched online test videos of the 8113 albiet not on the same version of software as mine (videos are older) and no one else has the same issue.

Things to note;

Everything else appears to work and the door will open on card, call the indoor station etc but the green light never goes off (Other then if I reboot it)

It's not running the latest software it is running the V2.2.11 build 201126 however note if I upgrade to the next version I will not be able to roll back if I want to as the "software change thing on the intercom version 1 and version 2" and my 6113 is not a (B)

I've not installed any cable for the door contacts or sensors.

Photo of the constant green light

Attachments

• 95534C28-DBC9-4890-BD19-5B24D3342FB2.jpeg
    95534C28-DBC9-4890-BD19-5B24D3342FB2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 544
It seems this green indicator reflect the Input1 status. By default, Input1 assigned to the Door status. Door contact should be connected as shown on the scheme from User Manual. I can't disable it through the device web Interface, probably this can be done with the Hik-Connect app, so I just connect Input1 to the ground with short wire.

Attachments

• UD20207B_Baseline_Video-Intercom-8-Series-Villa-Door-Station_User-Manual_V2 2 3 PDF page 20.png
    UD20207B_Baseline_Video-Intercom-8-Series-Villa-Door-Station_User-Manual_V2 2 3 PDF page 20.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,031
@Cool2000 thankyou for the time take to respond to me, I thought I’d tried this but not sure if I corrected correctly so I will give it a second try. Do you have one of these and had the same issue and resolved it the same way?

I also have a 6113 same family of foot station on a separate property which is very similar other that the fact it’s not a (B) model so running the slightly different software and it’s not had to have the contractor wired this way and the green light is only active when the card is presented.

I have DS-KV8113-WME1(B) model with 2.2.43 build 210407 firmware and this shortcut connection definitely switch green LED off.

Wonderful again thanks for replying, look forward to trying this weekend. Strange I don’t have to do that with my other unit the 6113 which is from the same Villa family

PS Just to not create a new thread. I installed Ivms-4200. But it seems this application doesn't support this door station model. No way to perform live view nether record video. When I try to do device configuration it simply open the same device web page, which I can access directly with browser.
Can you add more users at User Manager tab with the firmware version you have? I have only admin, which was created during initial device setup and no way to add any more :(.

I’m away from home until Sunday, so can look then and see what version I have on it. When I had the unit plugged in I didn’t try and view or record via ivms (as I normally use a channel on my NVR for that). Not fully sure of your other question are you meaning program key cards/key fobs? As I was able to add a new user on it, and I did it with ivms, via add a new person, then click the + button to add, then selected my 8113 in the drop down box then clicked read, touched a card on the 8113 reader and it loaded the card number into IVMS, I saved it all and the card worked.

There is some confusion with users sorry. There are users which can access the web interface and change device settings.
Intercom system also have some other "users" or cardholders.

To decrease possible level risk of camera hack, I'm trying to avoid using admin credentials on the other CCTV parts, like IVMS, HikConnect or NVR, because normal user rights are enough to fulfill their operations. Seems only admin with full access is allowed in this intercom. Using some SDK application I was able to create normal user, and it even appeared in the user list, but it seems that some permissions were not set correctly, as system doesn't allow access to the video stream with this login.

Back