01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision DS-KV8213 is disconnecting after some time

AlexKots

I have bought a DS-KV8213-WME1 2 button Villa Door Station and have connected it to two DS-KH6320-WTE1 Indoor Stations. All of them are connected to the same LAN through wired connections. I have assigned one door button to one indoor device and the other button to the other device. I have also the Hik-Connect application in my Android phone as also to my wife's, and everything works fine. We can communicate with door and open / close it from both indoor units. We can do it from our phones, either they are connected to the house wifi (same LAN with hik divices), either they are connected through 4G. When a guest press a button, we receive the call by "ringing" in indoor units and a few seconds later to our phones.
The problem is that sometime after (re)booting, the outdoor unit is unconnected from the LAN. It can be hours, or days from reboot. If a button is pressed, a voice says "Call failed" and indoor devices as also mobile phones do not "ring". Trying to connect to the outdoor unit through the indoor devices or phones, answer was that device was offline. Also the HTTP page (port 80) at a browser said that the server was not responding. Finally the iVMS-4200 software running from a PC (hardwired to LAN), said that the device was offline.
A very peculiar thing happened while I tested the LAN about active IPs with an application in my mobile. Software started showing the IPs starting from small ones (192.168.1.1 for the router, etc) and "passed" the .60 of the outdoor unit without showing it. But as it was showing the .61 & .62 (the indoor units), .60 popped up as active! I asked to see its active ports, and I got all of them, 80, 443 & 554. I tested the HTTP page and it was working, as also I could see the video from the device camera. But both indoor devices could not open the door, the "key" button ("lock" in phones) was vanished. Outdoor unit was performing as a simple camera.
Rebooting the device from its HTTP configuration page restored "full" connection. But after a day the connection was lost again. I do not have any "peculiar" set up in the devices, except two items:
- The outdoor unit has not any selection to enable / disable wifi, while indoor units have (through their screen, not from iVMS). In the Wi-Fi Settings page of the outdoor device (either from iVMS, or HTTP), the SSID shows "davinci", Password is empty and Security Mode "disabled" (the other option is WPA/WPA2-personal). So it is a question if this "disabled" means that that Wifi is disabled, or the device is searching for an "open" SSID called davinci! I can't found any check box or other selection that will clarify that WiFi is off.
- In "Intercom"->"Press Button to Call" page there are two rows of settings, one for each button. 1st column is the button Id (1,2) 2nd is "Call", next 4 "SIPx" (x=1 to 4) and finally a check box with column title "Call Management Center" I do not have one, so check boxes are unselected. In 2n column button No1 has the number 11 (the Id of one indoor devices) and the No2 has the 21 (the other indoor Id). But since I wanted the all indoor units to receive calls from both buttons, I inserted in the row of 1st button at the column "SIP1" the number 21 and in Row 2 the number 11. And it worked, pressing any button both indoor units are ringing. So the question is if this "SIP" option to create a conflict in the setup, because there is not any SIP server.
Is there anyone having any idea about what could be wrong?

I had the same problem and i solved it by giving the power adapter with 12V UPS exc. (

PowerWalker DC 12 volt )​

for door station. The connection with hik connect is stabile and never disconect.

Thanks for the reply.
As I understand you had a "typical" 12V power adapter for the external unit and you change it with the PowerWalker? Or you was feeding power through PoE?
I am asking because I do not power the unit with 12V, but with PoE through the ethernet cable from a Tenda PoE switch.

Yes I had 12V power adapter for the external unit and changed it with the PowerWalker 12v. If you use PoE swich it can be more difficult to find the right one with battery. I gess tahat this is a constructional (design) problem with this door station. If your door station can get the internet by the cable than the problem with Hik connect shouldnt ocurre eaven power lose . I found out the problem coms only when you disconnect the power for moment and you use only Wifi.

Thanks, it seems it's a different problem, but I will check the unit with "safe" power.

Propably not the same but i had similar isue - after power lose or reboting the outdor unit i couldnt call to indoor units. Help temporary by reboting the indoor units, but i found out that when the outdoor unit is always on the problems seems to be gon at least for me and my client.

Good luck

Thanks. I have seen also this problem (occasionally) when for some reason I was cutting the power to outdoor unit.
But since I am using a PowerWalker UPS with battery for giving power to all network devices, I do not have such issues.
The problem is that for an unknown reason the outdoor looses connection without any power interruption. And since when pressing a button the device says "Calling Failed", it seams that part of the software is working. It's like the network part is "confused", closes all network ports of communication and is not responding even in ping calls.

it is maybe a hardware design issue... if this occurs the webinterface shows the error "abnormal network" .. whatever that means. also this annoying alarm-sound on startup is playing if the network is lost

Have you managed to find a solution to this issue? I have the same problem with my outdoor unit.

No, I can't say that I have solved the problem. I have found some "solutions" to overpass it, but not solve it.
The mobile application some times is "loosing" the connection when it is going outside the house wifi to 4G, or returning to it. In such case you have to got to Settings, Applications and terminate the application. When launched again, the application "finds" the unit.
Sometimes connection is lost after using the unlock feature for the front door. Scanning the LAN by an application for open ports, I see that the unit is there. Usually the Hik-Connect app is reconnected after some minutes. (Also the "restart" option can be used as described above).
Also after some general power failure, it is not sure that the system will reconnect after power is up. Some times I have to unplug the ethernet cable from the switch (that is giving also power to the device, it is PoE) and plug it again (actually rebooting the device).
Generally speaking I can't sure that every time that someone uses the door bell, it will respond by calling the indoor unit or some of our mobiles.
The last change I am going to test is "moving" the PoE switch closer to the device. At this moment the cable is about 30 meters long, split in two pieces of 15 m each. So I am going to use a non PoE switch at the edge of the connection and move the PoE switch at the "split point", at 15 m from the device. Just for the case that there is some electric interference ...

I had exactly the same issue with my KV8113/KH6320 combo. Door station was disconnecting after just few hours (even faster when I frequently accessed the door camera via smartphone app) and disappearing from the network. I'm using a 5-port Hikvision PoE switch to power the door station, main station and two IP cameras. What I did was to switch the ports so that both stations are plugged in the high priority ports (red) and cameras in low priority ones. On top of that I turned on the PoE Extend mode (transfer is down to 10Mbps, but the signal is more stable on longer distances). Since then - stable as rock. It was just three days ago, so maybe I need to wait a bit more, but before that it couldn't even stand a single day, so looks good so far.

So it means that the door station has interference problem communicating through high speed and long distance cable. Problem that have never occurred with cameras, even some of them have longer cables and are fed through the same PoE switch type, 5 port Tenda. The PoE switch of my door station is feeding only one internal unit (I have two). Since I am going to put an extra camera near to door unit, the PoE will be placed at about 15 m from output unit and I will see if there will be any difference. Meanwhile I will test the 10Mbps "solution". I will inform you about how the system performs having a low speed connection, and then a shorter cable with "normal" speed ...

I tested the 10Mps "solution", it lasted for 5 days then it disconnected again. I am not sure what else I can try. :(

I have the same problem with my 8113 unit. Latest firmware loaded, cable lenght is about 80m, powered up by Hikvision poe switch - It disconnects after a few hours sometimes days... no clue what a root cause might be... :|

Has anyone solved this issue?

So it means that the door station has interference problem communicating through high speed and long distance cable. Problem that have never occurred with cameras, even some of them have longer cables and are fed through the same PoE switch type, 5 port Tenda. The PoE switch of my door station is feeding only one internal unit (I have two). Since I am going to put an extra camera near to door unit, the PoE will be placed at about 15 m from output unit and I will see if there will be any difference. Meanwhile I will test the 10Mbps "solution". I will inform you about how the system performs having a low speed connection, and then a shorter cable with "normal" speed ...
Hello, did you manage to solve your problem. I also have the same problem on my side after a few days my intercom disconnects

J'ai le même problème avec mon 8113. Dernier micrologiciel chargé, la longueur du câble est d'environ 80 m, alimenté par le commutateur poe Hikvision - Il se déconnecte après quelques heures parfois des jours... aucune idée de ce que pourrait être une cause première... :|

Quelqu'un at-il résolu ce problème?
Bonjour, avez-vous réussi à résoudre votre problème. J'ai également le même problème de mon côté au bout de quelques jours mon interphone se déconnecte

I recently bought 2 of these DS-KV8213-WME1(b) devices but only 1 suffers from this problem.
Both devices were bought from same UK supplier on the same order and both are the 'b' model. - Although there is a newer 'c' model, my supplier provided 'b' :(
Both models I updated to latest UK firmware V2.2.53_220816.
I can recreate/force the problem like Chris78 says, by frequently accessing the camera on hik-connect. On average quickly accessing the camera 7 times was enough to 'kill' it. My other device handled this ok. When the device died most functionality would continue working - it would unlock the door with a fob and let me unlock the door with hik-connect app, and the device's webpage would work as normal but the camera wouldn't work and the doorbell wouldn't ring. Rebooting was the only thing to fix it.
I tried different DC power adapters, I tried powering it over POE, I tried different network cables (none over 10m in length), different network switches, a factory reset and nothing had any effect.
I then noticed the EU portal on hik-vision website had a newer firmware for EU users - V2.2.53_221229 so I tried that and now accessing the camera 7 times no longer kills the device! hooray! but then I realised the doorbell was no longer ringing my hik-connect app. :(
Reading the EU firmware release notes it says the 8213 model requires an indoor station to ring the app. So I have reverted my firmware back to the Aug'22 one for now and will buy an indoor station to test the Dec'22 firmware again.
If I don't have any luck with that I am going to return this unit for a newer 'c' model that my supplier now has in stock.

Just an update to my previous post. I've now bought 2 indoor stations and upgraded the firmware of the faulty device to the V2.2.53_221229 EU version and it's been a few days with no need for a reboot. Previously it needed a reboot every day.
The users are also far happier using the indoor units than the hik-connect app as that sometimes missed calls. (They also like being able to change ringtone and ringtone volume which I couldn't find a way to do on the app).

Back