01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS7216HWI-SH DVR Boot issues

Richard-001

I have been trying to sort out boot issues on the above DVR, which I got hold of to try and fix. I've never had it working although it has worked well in the past.

It boots to the Hikvision "Embedded Net DVR" splash screen then the monitor states that it "cannot display this video mode". Then it seems to recycle and reboot to the splash screen.

I cannot see any video so cannot access the device config settings, although the front Tx/Rx light and my ethernet hub traffic light are flashing away as though there is traffic, even without any cameras connected.

I'm a novice and and don't know how to access the device, which does not show up on iVMS 4200, which was on the disc from the camera I bought to test it with.

It doesn't show up on my network. My router and other devices are all on the 192.168.1.*** ip range. Whilst researching I have seen DVRs whos IP addresses are in the 192.0.0.*** range. What does this mean? Can they cross over?

Whilst researching I've see discussion about accessing the RS-232 port (which I can see when I take off the lid) and being able to view the settings and possibly re flashing the firmware. I doubt I could do this. I'm in the Cheshire area (or could post). Anyone fancy a try?

It has an RS-485 port on the back any relevance?

Help!

Hi, I'm afraid I don't know how to resolve this one. I've only ever come across boot-loop problems a very few times in maybe five years working with Hikvision. When it crops-up we return the device to Hikvision for repair/replacement. It's been at least a couple of years since I've seen a case of this.

Phil,

thanks for the response, I appreciate it. When you saw it previously were you able to see any video? Is there any way of seeing the video output?

Thanks,

Few things you could try:
  • Plug the DVR into a Full HD (1080p) TV or monitor via the HDMI cable and see if the "cannot display this video mode" persists.
  • Remove the HDD. I've had a faulty hard drive cause boot issues. The DVR should boot without a HDD but it will beep and beep...
  • Download Hikvision's SADP tool. SADP will detect the DVR even if it's on a different address range.
1553357730040.png

Install and run SADP
Tools - Download - Hikvision

The second device is a camera set to 192.0.0.2 (In your case select he DVR).
Select it and configure the desired settings on the right. You need the admin password to make the changes.
After the reboot you will be able to access the web GUI to view the settings and the live stream. Keep us posted.
1553358107326.png

Hi Stewart,

thanks for your response.

I tried your suggestions, but to no avail.

Is there any way of resetting the firmware or any tools or scripts that could be tried to acces the device that you know of?

I understand that it may be possible to use the RS-232 or even the RE-485 port to try and reflash it to see if iot comes out of its confused state. Do you know, or know anyone that might be able to try?

Thanks,

Richard

I'm not aware of any way to use the RS-232 or other ports to reset a DVR.
Do you have the IP address of the device?

Any chance you bought it within the last 3 years? Hikvision has a 3 year warranty on their products. If you still have your purchase receipt you should be able have it repaired/exchanged.

StewartM,

yes it was, but the installer is no longer trading and I don't know wher he bought it.

Back