01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Hikvision DVR can connect to Hik-Connect over same wifi network but not over internet.

MikeBennSA

Hi all.

I need some guidance please,
Recently purchased a DS-7104HGHI-F1 4 channel DVR, and connected it via the normal setup wizard, connected a single camera (not ip) via BNC, it is connected via LAN cab;le to a ASUS Router and i have managed to connect it to the Hik-Connect app.

when viewing the Hik-Connect app whilst on the same home network it connects just fine and i can see the live feed, however once disconnected from the home network (so ill be either on Mobile data or alternative wifi network it states that the device is offline, or "video playing failed, Error code (330007)

are there additional steps to connect ??

please help

Thanx

Hi @MikeBennSA

This is a similar issue to this other forum user, the key step you may be missing is setting up the Hik-connect web portal.

just had a quick look at the previous thread as advised, however that relates to connecting a IP camera and not the DVR, would it follow the same process?

just had a quick look at the previous thread as advised, however that relates to connecting a IP camera and not the DVR, would it follow the same process?
Yes, it is the same process

Just replace any mention of 'IP camera' with 'DVR'

Back