01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision EasyIP 4.0 launch announced today!

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
HikVision have today announced a new EasyIP 4.0 range of cameras and NVRs:
Hikvision launches EasyIP 4.0 cameras and NVRs to help small and medium businesses maximize their site security - Hikvision

This announcement comes just in time for the range to be shown at IFSEC in two weeks time, although the products may not actually be available for a little while yet ("Q3").

This new range brings a couple of brand new features:

HikVision Accusense NVRs - for the reduction of false alarms in movement detection.

HikVision ColorVu cameras - "use warm, supplemental lighting to deliver bright color video images, even at night".

1528195800593.png

HikVision have recently introduced new family names based around the EasyIP 3.0 convention.
Some of these are families of new products.
Some of these are pre-existing products grouped under a new family name.
We will be writing new articles to fully cover this and explain in the near future.

But our current understanding:
EasyIP 4.0 - this newest, latest and most up-to-date family - coming in Q3 2018.
SmartIP 3.0
EasyIP 3.0 - available since Spring 2017 and currently the most popular range.
SmartIP 2.0
EasyIP 2.0 Plus
EasyIP 2.0
EasyIP 1.0

The HiWatch range will now be phased-out, and will be replaced by a new range to be called HiLook.

HikVision do use different naming conventions in different regions of the world, and may vary the products they make available, and even what they decide to call them:
HikVision international website
HikVision Europe website
HikVision UK website

You will also see families called:
4-Line
5-Line
6-Line
7-Line

Hence, we will explain in greater depth soon.

NB - You will notice that this new Press Release for EasyIP 4.0 closely follows that made for their analogue Turbo HD 5.0 range, which uses the same core technologies and was announce one month prior to this release:
Hikvision announces new Turbo HD 5.0 security solutions - Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Attachments

• HikVision EasyIP 4.0 5-6-18.pdf
    523.7 KB · Views: 1,433
Last edited by a moderator:
Hikvision have uploaded a new video introducing and explaining the new EasyIP 4.0 range:
(still no product in the UK yet)

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing more details on the new range and a UK availability date!

This makes me wonder If I should wait purchasing a Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I until we find out if there is a model in the new EasyIP 4.0 range that directly supersedes it?

The newer and slightly cheaper DS-2CD2383G0-I is interesting as the main difference seems to be a lower max frame rate at its top resolution.

Looking forward to hearing more details on the new range and a UK availability date!

This makes me wonder If I should wait purchasing a Hikvision DS-2CD2385FWD-I until we find out if there is a model in the new EasyIP 4.0 range that directly supersedes it?

The newer and slightly cheaper DS-2CD2383G0-I is interesting as the main difference seems to be a lower max frame rate at its top resolution.

No sign of EasyIP 4.0 yet, we'll be keeping an eye out but I suspect we still have a little while to wait...

The main difference that we have noticed is that Easy IP 2.0+ cameras [DS-2CD2383G0-I] has less smart features than Easy IP 3.0 [DS-2CD2385FWD-I].

Easy IP 2.0+ - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection
Easy IP 3.0 - Line crossing detection, intrusion detection, unattended baggage detection, object removal detection

I am hoping we are close to seeing the easyIP 4.0 range on the market soon. As Q3 2018 has been and gone what is the latest on the release date and UK availability?

Sorry, no stock available in the UK yet :(

Sorry, no, nothing I'm able to commit to I'm afraid.
(watch this space)

FYI - the latest promotional video from Hikvision on this topic:

I am being told - availability late Q1 2019.

We've been trying over the past few days to firm-up on a release date for this range, but still, all we have been told (again) is the end of quarter 1.
There don't appear to be any models ordered / en-route to the UK yet.
It's Chinese New Year holiday until mid February.
We are therefore assuming end of March (at the earliest).

I hope that's not true. I've been looking at upgrading to Hikvision for a while and decided to hold off for the easyip 4.0 stuff. I previously waited for the 5mp turrets but they jumped to 8mp. Then the easy ip 4.0 was announced.

Very mixed messages, my current understanding is:
  • The ColorVu and AccuSense technologies are here, but so far only in HD over co-ax camera models.
  • The IP versions will be launched in EasyIP 4.0 form at the end of Quarter 1 (more details if/when we can see them coming).
  • No new NVR models scheduled, the current -K and -I models remain the preferred NVR models.
  • "The company focus will be in AI, so please look into the “iDS” range for any false alarm reduction and facial recognition." (BTW - The smallest iDS NVR is a 16-camera 7716 model).
This is my collation of responses from several sources.
I will update as & when I hear more/different.

Last edited:
Further, following a meeting with Hikvision on Friday:

• EasyIP 4.0 is not coming to the UK for the foreseeable.
  • No plans for ColorVu / AccuSense IP models for the foreseeable.

Curious, did they indicate reasons behind this decision?
Are they rolling them out in other parts of Europe and/or other regions?

Thanks for update.

TBH, they were very vague - actually surprised that I knew about EasyIP 4.0 - so I directed them to their own Press Release :confused:

I assume that they will be making EasyIP 4.0 available in Europe, this from their european website home page today:

1551696906966.png

It's not unusual for Hikvision to offer different ranges in different regions - when you select Products -> Network Cameras at the Hikvision UK website you see these ranges:

1551697601560.png

At their European website you see these ranges:

1551697690658.png

Back