01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Events / Intrusion detection - number of regions?

phier

Hello,
I own DS-2CD2143G0-I and I wanted to setup 2-3 regions of Intrusion detection. In my web config of camera it shows only 1 regions is possible.

Does it mean that for such functionality, the camera is limited only for 1 region?
Do I need a more expensive camera which can handle more regions?

Appreciate

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
i own DS-2CD2143G0-I and I wanted to setup 2-3 regios of Intrusion detection even. In my web config of camera it still shows inside Regions only number 1

does it mean that for such an functionality, the camera is limited only for 1 region? Do i need more expensive camera which can handle more regions?

Appreciate
Yes that model looks to have 1 region whereas some of the newer models feature 4. Of course you could combine your single region of Intrusion with a line crossing (if you're not already using it)

@JB1970 yeah, thanks! Thats what i did, one Intrusion, one Line crossing, one motion but i need one more.

Do you mind to share that model which feature 4 of them? Appreciate!

@JB1970 yeah, thanks! Thats what i did, one Intrusion, one Line crossing, one motion but i need one more.

Do you mind to share that model which feature 4 of them? Appreciate!
Most of the newer models - the G2 AcuSense and ColorVu for example. If you're in any doubt, just check the data sheet for the model you're looking at on the Hikvision website - they detail the number of lines, regions

@JB1970 looking into the spec ... where exactly u can see that?
for example that one
  • Region of Interest (ROI)1 fixed region for main stream and sub-stream

@JB1970 looking into the spec ... where exactly u can see that?
for example that one
  • Region of Interest (ROI)1 fixed region for main stream and sub-stream
Yeah just looked at a couple and the newer data sheets no longer show it but all my G2 model cameras have 4 lines and 4 intrusion zones. I’ll have to check but I think the older G1 models also have 4/4. The ROI (region of interest) is not related - that’s for specifying an area of importance on screen. Once set that area uses a higher percentage of the encoding resources to make it clearer while the area outside of it has reduced quality to compensate - a bit pointless in normal use.

@JB1970
thanks, can you share any of yours G2 model so i can check about what cam we are talking about? Or g1.

appreciate

@JB1970
thanks, can you share any of yours G2 model so i can check about what cam we are talking about? Or g1.

appreciate
I've just had a check - the older G1's only have one line/one intrusion zone.

Any of the models that have G2 in the part number will have 4/4. I have the AcuSense DS-2CD2346G2-I and DS-2CD2386G2-I (IU for microphone, ISU/SL for microphone, speaker, strobe light) and also the ColorVu & AcuSense DS-2CD2347G2-I (IU for microphone). All of those models are turrets and have 4/4, though the equivalent bullet and dome models will have the same functionality.

Back