01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Firmware 4.30.060_201228 Release Notes?

I installed it to a test unit in work ,

It must be a bug fix of some sort as I can’t see any difference or what bugs it exactly fixes?

OK appreciated for the super detailed update!

However.... an interesting and super useful feature I discovered I have not noticed before this build... in events you can now draw more than just a 4 point box!!!! THIS IS A GAME CHANGER!!!! it means you can now cover odd shaped yards and draw around problem tree's!! I love this!

OK appreciated for the super detailed update!

However.... an interesting and super useful feature I discovered I have not noticed before this build... in events you can now draw more than just a 4 point box!!!! THIS IS A GAME CHANGER!!!! it means you can now cover odd shaped yards and draw around problem tree's!! I love this!

hmmm... are you describing something different to the behaviour shown in my picture below? Creating these irregular shaped go/no-go motion zones has been available for years. I've not upgraded my units yet (and won't be for some months), so I'm interested to see if this interface has changed at all.

1612000136338.png

(EDIT) You know, I hadn't had enough coffee - Reviewing your post, I'm assuming you're referring to editing SMART event zones via the NVR. (Historically a lot of people use the Cameras own SMART EVENT web interface as it gave more control) - but that's nice if you can do some more of this via the NVR now... nice!

Last edited:
hmmm... are you describing something different to the behaviour shown in my picture below? Creating these irregular shaped go/no-go motion zones has been available for years. I've not upgraded my units yet (and won't be for some months), so I'm interested to see if this interface has changed at all.

View attachment 5071

(EDIT) You know, I hadn't had enough coffee - Reviewing your post, I'm assuming you're referring to editing SMART event zones via the NVR. (Historically a lot of people use the Cameras own SMART EVENT web interface as it gave more control) - but that's nice if you can do some more of this via the NVR now... nice!
how old is the kit you are using? I haven’t seen Hik cameras using the old layout red boxes like that in years mate?

but no on the newer nvr and IP cameras they did away with the old red boxes and created a perimeter system a few years back, the problem was you could only create shapes with 4 corners.... in this build they have allowed multipoint corners .

Attachments

• 8552C574-9E23-4E40-AB8A-042FCCB5D9B3.jpeg
    8552C574-9E23-4E40-AB8A-042FCCB5D9B3.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 258
What you are showing is for smart events. What Yupowert is showing is for motion.

What I am showing is for basic events > motion not smart events , I think after years of installing hik kit I’d know the difference lol

what you are seeing with his kit I suspect is the old version 3.something firmware not v4.something maybe?

OK. What you're showing as "basic events" with drawing areas is for smart events - line drawing and intrusion - for the I-series. What Yupoert is showing is basic motion detection grids for the I-series. Been like this for years.

Hi fullboogie, no it isn’t it is under the basic events>motion tab when I get into work I will drake a full screen still and show you this.

Yes it is. Here's a screen capture of basic events, motion, on my I-series running current firmware:

M5OPszd.jpg

Lol you're both right and you're both wrong!

The capability for that is in the camera as opposed to the NVR. It depends on the model connected to the NVR as to what you'll see for basic event motion detection.

G1 cameras including the ColorVu G1 on V5.6.5 and original AcuSense (G1+M) on version 5.6.0 still use the grid
H3 ultra series on latest firmware still use the grid
G2 cameras (G3 platform) such as the new model ColorVu and AcuSense have the polygon.

....and it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot as however you draw the polygon, it resets itself to a rectangle when there is a reboot or power cycle.

There was a bad version of the firmware for the G3 platform where it reverted back to the grid but that was a while ago - 5.5.13x from memory

Last edited:
Yes it is. Here's a screen capture of basic events, motion, on my I-series running current firmware:

M5OPszd.jpg
Well damn clearly I was wrong fullboogie and it doesn’t say basic events and motion detection on my NVR gui?!

Attachments

• 855DA059-8116-46B3-960A-A6FA60D4169B.jpeg
    855DA059-8116-46B3-960A-A6FA60D4169B.jpeg
    8 MB · Views: 209
Last edited:

The capability for that is in the camera as opposed to the NVR. It depends on the model connected to the NVR as to what you'll see for basic event motion detection.

G1 cameras including the ColorVu G1 on V5.6.5 and original AcuSense (G1+M) on version 5.6.0 still use the grid
G2 cameras (G3 platform) such as the new model ColorVu and AcuSense have the polygon.

....and it's about as much use as a chocolate teapot as however you draw the polygon, it resets itself to a rectangle when there is a reboot or power cycle.

There was a bad version of the firmware for the G3 platform where it reverted back to the grid but that was a while ago - 5.5.13x from memory
I found that issue with it reverting to rectangle but this must have been fixed in 5.5.150 build 200927 as it no longer does it after reboot mate

I found that issue with it reverting to rectangle but this must have been fixed in 5.5.150 build 200927 as it no longer does it after reboot mate
Still does it on mine on 5.5.150. I'm not sure if it's reboot, or full power down that's causing it as reboot keeps the power on the PoE ports. Hikvision took a look at it some time ago after Dan pu them in touch with me but they couldn't identify or resolve it. Thankfully I only use the motion detection to filter smart search for Humans only, so it doesn't cause me issues - it's just another Hikvision niggle

The big annoyance for me mate is the missing alert tags on the play back screen when you select motion or smart event on playback, again hik aware of it but done nothing to fix it....

This is what I have in my camera interface. Exact same as my NVR - grid pattern for basic motion detection. It's a G1, a 2385.

gaR0LXa.jpg

Back