01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Firmware for R6 Family Cameras - new V5.5.5 (2X22FWD, 2X42FWD, 2X52)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Last edited by a moderator:
anyone else having issues updating to this release

download the zip file

extracted and digicap file is in folder

as per pic

one camera has updated but the other three wont

also my 4k camera on front gives same error

Attachments

• hikvisionupgrade.PNG
    hikvisionupgrade.PNG
    24.3 KB · Views: 791
must be having a dumb moment

that worked as above

BUT how did i manage to update one 5 k camera using the folder method last night :)

v5.5.5 has been removed from the Eu site, v5.5.0 is the latest. Have managed to find it on the Australian site Hikvision Australia

Attachments

• 550.JPG
    550.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 562
It is a real pity that the resources for Hikvision are fragmented this way into several different sites. I also just downloaded the V5.5.5 to my DS-2442FWD-IW and then connected it to the Milesight NVR.

This is an odd one, you'll see from my update in the original post that it was not at the EU Portal initially.
They added it.
I updated this post.

They then removed it.
I know nothing further.

I've updated several cameras to this version without probs.

My guess would be that perhaps we are due a new version release, so it's better to incorporate whatever is in that minor release into the upcoming version and not aggravate all the users with more updates / versions than necessary.

The first link, to their website, still leads to the V5.5.5 firmware download.

I am trying to update my DS-2CD2T42WD-I5 to the firmware V5.5.5, but it keeps on saying "upgrading failed" immediately after clicking on the upgrade button and agreeing to the disclaimer pop-up box. I have tried to re-download the file from the EU portal, in case first download was corrupt, downloaded the firmware from Australian site linked in this trail, and also rebooted the camera in case that was the constraint, but to no avail.

Any ideas?

The readme document of the firmware states the model is compatible with the firmware. The camera was purchased from Use-IP so it should not be a regional firmware issue, and currently it runs firmware V5.5.0 that was downloaded from the EU portal.

V5.5.5 for the R6 family is now available from HikVision's European download portal here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL
(they had a re-shuffle in the portal last week - note 2018 in the pathname now)

Please try again with that download.
Make sure that you use Internet Explorer.
Our 'How To' upgrade your HikVision firmware guide is here:
How to update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps

V5.5.5 for the R6 family is now available from HikVision's European download portal here:
DOWNLOAD PORTAL
(they had a re-shuffle in the portal last week - note 2018 in the pathname now)

Please try again with that download.
Make sure that you use Internet Explorer.
Our 'How To' upgrade your HikVision firmware guide is here:
How to update HikVision Firmware in just nine simple steps
Thanks. Turns out the issue was probably an old web plug-in when using Mac Safari. On a PC Internet Explorer it suggested updating the plug-in when opening there camera's web page and after updating the plug-in the firmware upgrade worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back