01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision firmware update for DS-2CD2xx2 IP cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Friday, it's 5pm, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, and I've just been informed:
New SADP utility software - http://goo.gl/HFd7p2

New V5.3 camera firmware
New NVR V3.3 firmware
Available from HikVision's website here - http://goo.gl/WH7H1S
I'm throwing this up quickly now in case it's needed over the weekend by anybody
We'll be taking a look at it next week ...

Attachments

• IPC V5 3 0 release notes for customer.pdf
    451.6 KB · Views: 2,988
Installed Baseline Firmware_NVR (76/77/86NI-E)_En_V3.3.0_build150328(new) on Saturday, now Set Alarm Notification won't switch on. Anybody else having this issue?

It's Friday, it's 5pm, it's a Bank Holiday weekend, and I've just been informed:
New SADP utility software - http://goo.gl/HFd7p2

New V5.3 camera firmware
New NVR V3.3 firmware
Available from HikVision's website here - http://goo.gl/WH7H1S
I'm throwing this up quickly now in case it's needed over the weekend by anybody
We'll be taking a look at it next week ...
I've tried the V5-3 upgrade twice now and failed both times - have others been successful?

I've tried the V5-3 upgrade twice now and failed both times - have others been successful?
Hi Chris, what camera, and what firmware are you using?

Are your cameras UK stock? If not you can't update grey imports.
Some cameras need to be updated in increments.

Hi Chris, what camera, and what firmware are you using?

Are your cameras UK stock? If not you can't update grey imports.
Some cameras need to be updated in increments.

Thanks for the response Bob, the cameras are UK and since my question I have managed to upgrade all the cameras - not sure what the issue was but all is good now thanks.

Just in case it helps anyone experiencing the same setback as I have once or twice

If you have updated your firmware and can no longer access your Hikvision device via a web browser due to it hanging when trying to load the login page, clear your cookies and then try again.

Not entirely sure what causes it but it seems to only occur when Hikvision change the web interface so a possible confliction between the existing cookie and the new page.

Kieran updated Hikvision firmware update for DS-2CD2xx2 IP cameras with a new update entry:

Version 5.3.0

This is an important security firmware update for the 2xx2 series of cameras that revamps the way password setting and device activation is completed amongst other changes.

We strongly recommend you update your cameras to 5.3.x and above.

For the full update notes and compatible camera list, please refer to Hikvision's release notes here.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Also as a quick addendum to the above - it is for some reason not possible to upgrade from 5.1 (and perhaps earlier, I haven't tested yet) to 5.3 directly. The device will state the upgrade failed immediately after attempting.

You'll instead have to update to 5.2.0 first and then from that to 5.3.0

Bit odd and a bit of a nuisance definitely. There's probably a perfectly legitimate reason for this I'm not aware of but for now just jump through those hoops and you should be fine.

Hey guys,

My cameras shipped with version 5.3.0 build 150513. I believe there is now a 5.3.0 150814 build which can be found here: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Product Firmware/Cameras/DS-2CD2xx2/

I tried to flash the file you have listed here (as i've been suffering intermittent drops with my synology) but it fails each time (on both my 2132 and 2332 supplied by yourselves). Can you confirm the build number of the version on this site please? thanks

The build currently uploaded here is 5.3.0 build 150513, so that'd explain why it's failing each time.

Salve,sono riuscito ad aggiornare le telecamere fino alla versione 5.2,poi mi dava un errore, è possibile avere il filmware per le telecamere DS-2CD che abbia la lingua italiana?
Grazie.

Also as a quick addendum to the above - it is for some reason not possible to upgrade from 5.1 (and perhaps earlier, I haven't tested yet) to 5.3 directly. The device will state the upgrade failed immediately after attempting.
You'll instead have to update to 5.2.0 first and then from that to 5.3.0
So, is there any place that still has the 5.2.0 package available for download? All of the download links here finally end up at the 5.3.0 package :(
Peter

Why there is no firmware on the DS-2cd2035-i camera?
Releases are available but no downloads ?

That's a Chinese-region camera and not available via the official channels in the UK market. There is no firmware available for it via the Western-region Hikvision download sites, and so I can only suggest you either try to navigate the Chinese download portals or contact whoever sold you the camera for updated firmware.

It will likely force the camera's language back to Chinese however - grey-import cameras can be a gigantic headache.

Kieran updated Hikvision firmware update for DS-2CD2xx2 IP cameras with a new update entry:

Version 5.4.0 build 160530

This is a large and significant firmware update for the DS-2CD2xx2 (R0 series) of Hikvision cameras.

Most notably, v5.4.0 introduces TLS encryption for email alerts, which will resolve Gmail no longer working with Hikvision cameras after Google discontinued SSL support.

This is a large update, and so I'd strongly encourage you read the full release notes available here.

WARNING FROM HIKVISION
Please follow the steps to upgrade: V5.2.0->V5.3.0->V5.4.0

Skipping...

Read the rest of this update entry...

5.4.0 worked a treat on my 2332 and 2132 cameras, thanks for the heads up Kieran.
It's got a newer slicker interface, loads of bug fixes and also a couple of new features (nothing major but welcome anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back