01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Hilook IPC-T250H & Surveillance Station

Colinobj

I'm a newbie to IP cameras so this has been "a journey". I bought a hilook IPC-T250H Turret to use with my NAS - a Synology running Surveillance Station. I knew the T250H wasn't on the Synology supported list so not surprised I had some problems making a connection.

I eventually got the system working by telling the camera to use ONVIF mode and Surveillancestation (SS) accepted this and would show it OK in Liveview etc. I could set motion detection in SS but not to use Motion Detection by the camera. Well, it was better than nothing but placed a load on the network and the NAS.

Next step was to tell SS that the camera is a IPC-T240H - which is on the Synology list. Surprisingly that worked. The T250H is 2560x1920 and I only get 2560x1920 which is no hardship - its width that counts. I can even set the camera to do motion detection and SS accepts that. Is that a limitation of ONVIF?

Ive been able to set it to use H.265+at 18 fps - maybe it will do more, but I can live with that.

BUT, The image is upside down (ie rotated by 180 degrees) in both the browser and SS interface. I know I can turn the camera upside down, but if the camera ever gets on Synologys list I suspect that will mean climbing a ladder to turn it right way up again and I'd rather avoid that. Is there a way of telling the camera to rotate the image in software?

Any help gratefully received!

And just to add that Surveillance Station is now sending me emails every couple of minutes to tell me that the camera has detected motion. I have restricted the detection area and set the sensitivity to 70. I'm wondering if this is caused by kidding the camera that its a IPC-T240H

Hi!
I have HiLook cameras too and also get dozens of false detections, even after reducing the detection area to a very small area and setting the sensitivity to 20 so it's probably nothing to do with kidding the camera.
With HiLook being the budget range, the cameras only have Basic Event features.

Back