01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision HWD-7108MH-G2 Help

mikemelga

Hi.

I bought last week a Hikvision/Hiwatch kit which was on sale here in Portugal. It includes a DVR (HWD-7108MH-G2) which supports both IP and coaxial cameras and 4 8MP dome cameras (HWT-D381-Z).

I have setup everything and it is working great but I have some questions:

1 - As you can see from the attached image, the firmware appears to be from mid 2018. When I click on the update it tells me it is up to date. I searched everywhere but can't seem to find any firmware updates for this model. Is this some old discontinued model?

2 - The DVR works quite well but everything concerning the interface is just plain awful. From the camera overlays to the webserver and the mobile app (HiLook) everything is ugly and it is quite obvious that minimal attention to detail was given. The overlay's font is horrible, the webserver only runs on IE, the mobile app looks ugly. I got past the mobile app by using a 3rd party one but I am having trouble with the webserver. I come from a computer based software DVR (Blueiris) which had quite a decent web frontend and I miss that.
Is there any 3rd party cctv webserver that can be used?

Thanks!

Regards,
Mike

Attachments

• hik-firmware.jpg
    hik-firmware.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 184
Sorry, this got overlooked.

As a public sanity notice to everybody - please DO NOT purchase hybrid DVRs i.e. those analogue Digital Video Recorders that are made for co-ax cameras but claim to allow you to add IP cameras.
There are so many limitations e.g. to how many and what resolution cameras you can add.
They are expensive.
You will end-up frustrated and regret it :(

Unfortunately, most will only read this AFTER purchasing ...

Phil,

Thanks for the reply.
I only bought the Hybrid because it was on sale at a GREAT price. The bundled cameras are 8MP co-ax so I don't really care about the IP part. I only have one IP camera and added it with no trouble.

My problem is what I mentioned above and seems to be common to all (or at least many) of Hikvision/Hiwatch DVR's: the web interface is super outdated. It only works in IE and is plain awful.

That is why I asked if there were any updates to it.

Back