01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision iDS-TCM403-AI ANPR Direction Detection?

esjim

Hello,

I've got a HikVision iDS-TCM403-AI and I'm struggling to get the direction detection working. Wonder if the firmware may be out of date. It's currently running V4.2.5. I can't find the camera firmware on the portal, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

I've got a HikVision iDS-TCM403-AI ANPR camera that is capturing images and plates just fine and sending them to my FTP server.

It is not however putting a Direction on the filename when configured to do so (Direction No. in the FTP filename settings?). The manual I received with the camera isn't great and doesn't go into a great deal of detail about this.

I've tried both the "Smart" Application Mode and "License Plate Recognition" Application Mode (assume I need the latter, based on other threads I've read), but to no avail

Would greatly appreciate any help.

Many thanks
Jim

Yep.
Personally, I wasn't even aware they had added that ANPR sub-folder alongside front-end and back-end ...

Well I put the latest firmware on and it worked for about 5 minutes, then the Live View goes monochrome, then it goes completely black (apart from the white overlay text). Tried rebooting and power cycling, it again works for a few minutes then displays the same symptoms.

Put the "old version" on from that folder, same issue! I've also got a new tab on the "Capture Parameters" config page which has no text in it, and just looks a mess in general:
1590576955668.png

Last edited:
Does mess look like:

Yes! Clear cache sorted it out - thanks!

Still unfortunately having an issue with the camera working for a couple of minutes, then going monochrome, then going totally blank!

Perhaps load the latest firmware, then reset the camera to default and re-configure it.
Sorry, not a great fix, but not a symptom I have come across before, and a camera model that we have never seen.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for that. No joy I'm afraid, and the direction detection still doesn't work!

I'm in touch with the reseller and HikVision support so fingers crossed will get it sorted. Will report back either way

Thanks again
Jim

By way of an update, HikVision support looked at the camera and determined there was an issue with the camera sensor hardware and have authorised an RMA. Hopefully have more luck with the replacement

Hey @esjim I thought the iDS-TCM403 was POE but do you have to power it with 24dc aswell mate ? if you got a second could you shout me on vacanoltd@aol.com as your the only guy ive found with this camera.

Hi mate, we were just powering with PoE and it worked ok (till it broke), don't think you need separate power.

Still waiting on the replacement to arrive! Will give you a shout when it comes

@esjim It was just i noticed that there was a 24dc plug hanging out the back. Plus the night vision didn't turn on so I thought it was that

You could well be right about the power - I'll come back when we've got the replacement and let you know

There is some night mode configuration on the settings page, (including setting the mode to day/night/auto, and there's a light threshold setting for when to change the mode when it's set to auto) - try toggling it manually between day/night before setting it back to auto to see if it works

Hi guys,

We are having the exact same issue with a customer who has a iDS-TCM403-A.
The camera worked fine until updating the firmware, now it works for about 5 minutes after rebooting then switching between monochrome and black.
We tried powering it with PoE and 24v without success. It seems like updating the firmware broke the camera.
We are in contact with a technical engineer from Hikvision. I will get back to you when I have more information.

Hi guys,

So it looks like the technical engineer from Hikvision fixed the issue by flashing a new special firmware to the device (remotely). So it was not a hardware issue.
Unfortunately the zoom and focus function as well as vehicle type detection are not working with the new firmware, we are still in contact with him.

This is what the settings page looks like now:

1594991091784.png

Back