01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hikvision Intercom - Sliding Gates

lvlatty

HI All,

I’m looking at adding the Hikvision intercom system to my existing NVR setup to control a sliding gate for access to my property and have a couple of questions...

Are the hikvision intercom systems compatible with sliding gate opening systems?

Can they support GSM as well for gate opening (thinking “call home gates” from car as approaching gates to have the open rather than fumbling for app button).

Can the intercom camera always be recorded on NVR?

Can calls from the Intercom be answered on both the wifi panel AND/OR mobile HikConnect App (And the gates be unlocked to allow entry)

Can a code be given to the postman/friends for example to open the gates without needed to “buzz”

Cheers,

Matt

Last edited:
I’m looking at adding the Hikvision intercom system to my existing NVR setup to control a sliding gate for access to my property and have a couple of questions...

Are the hikvision intercom systems compatible with sliding gate opening systems?

It’s a pulsed output that you can change the time of, it would work with many but you’d have to check the gate more then you need to check the intercom

Can they support GSM as well for gate opening (thinking “call home gates” from car as approaching gates to have the open rather than fumbling for app button).

Not that I’m aware of, nothing stopping you adding one of them as well and wiring in both to the same opening connections on the gate.

Can the intercom camera always be recorded on NVR?

If you’ve spare capacity on your NVR for another camera then yes

Can calls from the Intercom be answered on both the wifi panel AND/OR mobile HikConnect App (And the gates be unlocked to allow entry)

Yes

Can a code be given to the postman/friends for example to open the gates without needed to “buzz”

If you buy this type of intercom rather then the villa type (note a lot of people have complained about problems with these, I’m not fully upto date on the issues if they are still present)

Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 Video Intercom Module Door StationThe Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME1 is a 2MP fisheye video intercom module door station with wide dynamic range ...GBP117.00 (+VAT)Out Of Stock

Then you can add one of these (amongst other things, card readers etc)

Hikvision DS-KD-KP Video Intercom Keypad ModuleThe Hikvision DS-KD-KP is a video intercom keypad module and is part of the 2nd generation of video intercom ...GBP83.00 (+VAT)

Dear lvlatty

I read your post and I would like to know if you found a way to open your sliding gates with an Hikvision item
regards

Dear lvlatty

I read your post and I would like to know if you found a way to open your sliding gates with an Hikvision item
regards

you can use two doors on some outdoor stations... any automatic gate has a NO/NC contact. so it is easy possible to run a wire from gate to outdoor station.... if you enable it in webinterface, you have 2 buttons to open... one for entry door, other for gate.

Back