01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Intercom

Adamski

Hi
Been browsing the net for a couple of hours and can't find the info I need so here goes....

We are having an electric gate installed and so I want an intercom and able to open the gate etc.
I'm looking at getting hikvision cctv at some point soon and so the local stockist pointed me in the direction of the hikvision intercom villa door station DS-KV8102-IM with the indoor station DS-KH8301-WT.The reason for going this route is that the cctv can interact with the indoor station so we can also view the cameras on the screen and all in the same app etc.

My question is - I've bought the kit, I've been supplied the above two, an external housing unit, a separate other brand keypad for direct access control of the gate, and two power packs. One 1amp to power the screen. The other 3.5amp to power both the intercom and the keypad.
I plan to use this screen on wifi rather than have it hard wired as the options allow. I have a trench dug to run power to the gate and so plan to run a stretch on Cat 5e as well. My understanding is one end will connect to the intercom, and the stockist said the other end into the back of my router.
All the info I can find in the manual and online shows diagrams of the intercom connected to a hikvision video/audio distributor which plugs into the router. I understand if I'm having multiple screens or more connections this is needed, but with just the one connection can I plus the intercom direct into the router and then simply plug the screen into a power socket, connect that over wifi and hey presto - I'm up and running??
I haven't been supplied a distributor and so that's what's confusing matters.
When I plan to get a hikvision cctv setup - would I then need this distributor to connect my NVR box or will the screen simple connect anyway since it's over wifi and the NVR will also be plugged into my router?

Thanks for any assistance in "simplifying" the physical installation.

Sorry, we don't currently offer Hikvision door intercom solutions.
We did initially.
It was problematic and complex.
Especially when first launched.
We seemed to be forever waiting for the next firmware to solve issues.

Hopefully the wrinkles have been ironed-out and you can get yours to perform as required.

We may return to it again in the future.
Sorry we can't help at this time.

Hi, did you solve your issue? I am in the same boat. May I know which keypad you bought and if integrates well with the Hikvision?

Hi
Been browsing the net for a couple of hours and can't find the info I need so here goes....

We are having an electric gate installed and so I want an intercom and able to open the gate etc.
I'm looking at getting hikvision cctv at some point soon and so the local stockist pointed me in the direction of the hikvision intercom villa door station DS-KV8102-IM with the indoor station DS-KH8301-WT.The reason for going this route is that the cctv can interact with the indoor station so we can also view the cameras on the screen and all in the same app etc.

My question is - I've bought the kit, I've been supplied the above two, an external housing unit, a separate other brand keypad for direct access control of the gate, and two power packs. One 1amp to power the screen. The other 3.5amp to power both the intercom and the keypad.
I plan to use this screen on wifi rather than have it hard wired as the options allow. I have a trench dug to run power to the gate and so plan to run a stretch on Cat 5e as well. My understanding is one end will connect to the intercom, and the stockist said the other end into the back of my router.
All the info I can find in the manual and online shows diagrams of the intercom connected to a hikvision video/audio distributor which plugs into the router. I understand if I'm having multiple screens or more connections this is needed, but with just the one connection can I plus the intercom direct into the router and then simply plug the screen into a power socket, connect that over wifi and hey presto - I'm up and running??
I haven't been supplied a distributor and so that's what's confusing matters.
When I plan to get a hikvision cctv setup - would I then need this distributor to connect my NVR box or will the screen simple connect anyway since it's over wifi and the NVR will also be plugged into my router?

Thanks for any assistance in "simplifying" the physical installation.

For the last sentence I think I got how it works.

The external unit needs to be connected over Ethernet. The internal unit can be WiFi or Ethernet. So basically you connect the External router to your NVR through your router/switch.
I do not think it is needed the distributor, but just a normal switch/router

Hi, did you solve your issue? I am in the same boat. May I know which keypad you bought and if integrates well with the Hikvision?

Hi
No I’ve still not got it installed yet, in the process of having the gate built so about half way through the job at the minute. The automation guy I’m using has wired the intercom and equipment all up and tested it but I need to now connect it to my home network.
Looks straight forward enough “touch wood”

In terms of the keypad it doesn’t integrate at all with the hikvision so you can get whatever you want. The keypad will be wired directly to the gate motor just to control the opening\closing of the gate and that’s it. Has no connection to any of the hikvision stuff as the intercom will also be wired into another channel of the motor to control opening via that way too. So I would just get a keypad that looks and feels quality. Think I paid £60 inc vat for mine, will have to check the brand though
Cheers

Back