01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Intercoms do not record on motion

marcus.spcc

Hi everyone,

I recently installed an intercom (KD8002-VM) and would like it to record on motion like any other camera. I have added it to my NVR under camera management and set the recording schedule to Alarm & Motion. After watching the intercom camera and seeing 3 people I did not then have any footage to replay.

Since then I have set the camera to record continuously and still have not got any footage on the NVR. Could iVMS4200 be putting the footage somewhere else because it is an intercom?

I have two other cameras in the same location able to record on motion and continuously without any problems.

Any help much appreciated!
Thanks

I have asked @Dan to investigate/respond when he is back in the office tomorrow

Hi @marcus.spcc

I think @Phil thought this was a product we sell but unfortunately, we have never been hands-on with this specific product so won't be able to give much detailed advice.

I wouldn't expect iVMS-4200 to be an issue, if you can add the device to the NVR and it lets you set a recording schedule to continuous then I can't understand why it won't record, some of the smaller intercoms only support local MicroSD recording but this intercom model doesn't even support onboard storage.

The only thing I can recommend is to check that the Intercom is running the latest firmware.

FWIW, I haven't yet found a way to get my DS-KD8003-IME1 to record (or alert) on motion either. When a visitor pushes the bell, it records clips of visitors to its SD card but they can only be viewed on the indoor station. iVMS-4200 can't see or play them like normal clips (error 317 - no record file found).

But this may or may not be a MacOs failing.

Hi @marcus.spcc

I think @Phil thought this was a product we sell but unfortunately, we have never been hands-on with this specific product so won't be able to give much detailed advice.

I wouldn't expect iVMS-4200 to be an issue, if you can add the device to the NVR and it lets you set a recording schedule to continuous then I can't understand why it won't record, some of the smaller intercoms only support local MicroSD recording but this intercom model doesn't even support onboard storage.

The only thing I can recommend is to check that the Intercom is running the latest firmware.

I actually have two of the intercoms, one was set to continuous and did record to the NVR, once I set it to Motion | Alarm I have had no recordings, even though there has definitely been movement in front of the intercom.

Both the intercoms are on 181102, the latest firmware.

I actually have two of the intercoms, one was set to continuous and did record to the NVR, once I set it to Motion | Alarm I have had no recordings, even though there has definitely been movement in front of the intercom.

Traditionally to record by motion, we recommend that you set the record schedule to just Motion and not Motion|Alarm and then you also need to make sure in the Basic Event Settings that motion detection is enabled and set up correctly. (see below - for better accuracy we recommend reducing the area of detection and adjusting the sensitivity)

Screenshot 2020-02-17 at 09.28.47.png

My 8003 door station doesn't appear to offer me any option to record continuously. I checked in iVMS-4200 under both MacOs and Windows. Could that be because I'm not using an NVR?

Back