01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIKVISION IP Camera Question

tomnugent

HI all. Apologies in advance for potential 'tourist' question but here we go...

I took on the job of installing my cameras after receiving eye watering quotes for simple 3 cam set up, I'm not particularly technical at all but after a little time have got it configured and fully operational with one remaining problem...

I had been running one cam to get me started with a separate 12v power source with ethernet cable connected directly to router all running perfectly.

I had the HIKVISION poe switch delivered today so I can install with single cable, I attached the camera which powered up and would flash strobe etc on walk pasts etc but the app connectivity and domain access has become cripplingly slow, with HIKconnect showing the buffering wheel of death and messages of 'network unstable.'

Im missing something in the configuration i'm sure as with the direct ethernet connection and 12v power it had been perfect.

I've got this far without help but would be so extremely grateful if someone could point out what i'm missing.

Should mention that I am not using a NVR/DVR as the camera has a memory card.

Cam is Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-ISU-SL-2.8

Thanks in advance.

Tom

Last edited:
To me it sounds like a mismatch on port / uplink speeds between your router and the HikVision POE switch

Can you confirm what the port speed is of the port on your router where you have connected the HikVision POE switch?
Is the HikVision switch set to autonegotiate with the router and if so has it negotiated to match the port settings on the router?

Test with a shop-bought network patch lead from the POE switch to the camera.

Back